Daniel Stone, Jr.
|Birthplace:||Kittery, York County, Maine, United States|
|Death:||Died in Berwick, York County, Maine, United States|
|Place of Burial:||York, ME, USA|
Son of Dr. Daniel Stone and Mary Stone
|Occupation:||had land grant in 1669; Cordwainer|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Daniel Stone, Jr.
About Daniel Stone, Jr.
STONE, Daniel, Kittery (par. of Unity), b. 1643, called 'Wadelstonsteen alias stoone' in George Broughton's suit in 1672, m. 19 Sept. 1670 Patience Goodwin whose fa. gave bond for his good behav. in July 1673; he then owed £6 to John Crawford. Jury 1691; gr.j. 1691; sealer of leather 1692-3; constable 1698-9. Creditor of Humphrey Chadbourne. Will, 28 Mar. - 23 Apr. 1713, names w. Patience, sons Jonathan, Daniel, 8 daus. Widow's will, 18 Feb. - 4 Apr. 1716, omits Jonathan. Ch: Mary, Jonathan, Margaret, Rachel, Patience, Sarah, Daniel, Abigail, Elizabeth, Leah. [ref 22]
Daniel Stone, may have been born as Wadelsten or Wadelsteen, Birth: 1643 Death: 1713 - South Berwick, Maine
- Sep 19, 1670 - Kittery, York, Maine to Patience Goodwin
- 1. Jonathan Stone
- 2. Mary Stone
- 3. Margaret Stone
- 4. Rachel Stone
- 5. Patience Stone
- 6. Sarah Stone
- 7. Daniel Stone
- 8. Leah Stone
- 9. Abigail Stone
- 10. Elizabeth Stone
- Genealogy of the Descendants of Daniel Goodwin of Ancient Kittery Maine, 1652. John Hayes Goodwin. 1985
- New England Marriages Prior to 1700: With an Updated Introduction by Gary ...By Clarence Almon Torrey, Elizabeth Petty Bentley. Page 713. "STONE, Daniel (-1713) & Patience GOODWIN; 19 Sep 1670; Kittery, ME
Source: Maine Wills 1640-1760: page 167 Probate Office, 2, 60.
In the name of God Amen I Daniel Stone Senr of the Town ofKittery in the County of yorke In her majesty Province of the Masachusets Bay in New England being sickof body but of sound and disposing sence and memory, Blessed be god forit, do make this my last Will And Testament in manner as followeth (vizt)first and principally I resign my soul to god, hopeing through theMerritts of my blessed lord and Saviour Jesus Christ to Obtain pardon.Remission of all my sins, and my body I commit to the Earth from whenceit was taken to be decently buried at the Discretion of the Executors tothis my last will and Testament. And as for the worldly goods the lordhath lent me After my lawfull Debts is paid and funeral Charge I giveand bestow as followeth.
1ly I give and bequeath unto my son Jonathan Stone all that myTract of land lying beyond the dirty swamp and all the rest of myoutlands Excepting thirty acres to him and to his Heirs forever.
2ly I give and bequeath unto my son Daniel Stone all myHomested lott of lands with the house and barne and orchard standingthereon to be his after his mothers decease, and his and his Heirsforever, and thirty acres of out land to be his at my decease.
3ly I give and bequeath unto my Daughter Mary five shillings.
4ly I give and bequeath unto my daughter Margaret fiveshillings.
5ly I give and bequeath unto my daughter Rachael fiveshillings.
6ly I give and bequeath unto my daughter Patience fiveshillings.
7ly I give and bequeath unto my daughter Abigail fiveshillings.
8ly I give and bequeath unto my daughter Sarah five shillings
9ly I give and bequeath unto my Daughter Elizabeth fiveshillings.
10ly I give and bequeath unto my daughter Leah five shillings.
11ly I give and bequeath unto my loving wife Patience all myhomested lott of lands with the house and barne and orchard standingthereon for her Comfortable maintainance during her natural life, and allthe rest of my goods Chattels Vtensils, and Estate whatsoever abroad orat home without doores or within I give unto my foresd wife, and to be ather disposing forever.
12ly I do Constitute and appoint my loving wife Patience to bethe Executrix to this my last Will and Testament and also my son DanielStone to be an Executor with his mother, And this my last will andTestament to be in force according to the tenour and trve Intent thereofrenouncing and revoking any
and all wills whatsoever heretofore by me made or caused to be made.
In witness hereof I have hereunto Set my hand and Seal thistwenty Eighth day of March Anno Domini One Thousand Seven Hundred andthirteen.
Owned signed and Sealed Daniel Stone (seal)
in presence of us |
Daniel Goodin Senr | witness
William Goodin senr |
James Warren |
Sworn to and recorded 23 April, 1713. Inventory returned atœ276: 2: 5, by James Warren, James
Emery and John Hupper, appraisers, 23 April 1713.
1. Mary Stone, b. Abt 1671, Kittery, York, Maine , d. Aft 1716, Near Amesbury, Essex, Massachusetts
2. Jonathan Stone, b. 21 Oct 1673, Kittery, York, Maine , d. 1742, York County, Maine
3. Margaret Stone, b. 6 Oct 1674, Kittery, York, Maine , d. Aft 1715, Near Topsfield, Essex, Massachusetts
4. Rachel Stone, b. 13 Jul 1680, Kittery, York, Maine , d. Aft 1723
5. Patience Stone, b. 23 Mar 1682/83, Kittery, York, Maine , d. Bef 4 Oct 1731, Kittery, York, Maine
6. Sarah Stone, b. 23 Aug 1686, Kittery, York, Maine , d. Mar 1774, Near Scarborough, York, Maine
7. Daniel Stone, b. 13 Mar 1688/89, Kittery, York, Maine , d. 1735, Near Scarborough, York, Maine
8. Abigail Stone, b. 29 Nov 1691, Kittery, York, Maine
9. Elizabeth Stone, b. 13 May 1694, Kittery, York, Maine , d. Aft 12 Jun 1753, Near Kingston, Rockingham, New Hampshire
10. Leah Stone, b. 31 Dec 1698, Kittery, York, Maine , d. Aft 1736, Kittery, York, Maine
An Explanation of the Surname Change
How does someone with the surname "Wadelstonsteen" or "Wadelstensteen" end up with the surname "Stone". One site says, "He dropped the first part of his name and changed 'steen' to 'STONE'."
Daniel Stone, Jr.'s Timeline
August 31, 1644
Kittery, York County, Maine, United States
Kittery, ME, USA
October 21, 1673
Kittery, York, Maine, United States
October 6, 1678
December 6, 1678
July 13, 1680
Kittery, York County, Maine, United States
Lexington, Middlesex, MA