About D. Diogo de Azevedo Rodrigues (Diogo Roiz), (Capitão.)
Este heroe do fanatismo morreu em 1577, e foi enterrado na capella mór da igreja de Nossa Senhora das Neves, de Rachol, lendo na campa:
AQVI lAZ DIOGO RODRIGVES O DO FORTE CAPITÃO DESTA FORTALEZA O QVAL DERRVBOV OS PAGODES DESTAS TERRAS. FALECEV A 21 DE ABRIL DE 1577 ANNOS.
D. Diogo Rodrigues, D. Diogo Roiz (c.1490-1496; Lagos, Portugal - †21 April 1577; Colvá, Goa) was a Portuguese (born in Lagos - Algarve) explorer of the Indian Ocean who sailed as an ordinary helmsman too under the command of Dom Pedro Mascarenhas. He was honored as a (Cavaleiro da Ordem de Cristo) cavaleiro, the order of Christ by King Joao III.
- Married in Goa on 29th November 1512 (Record: ANTT: CC II 35-162)
- Feitor (Overseer) of the Cannor Fortress: 1515
- Discovered Rodrigues Island :1528
- Made a Fidalgo of the King of Portugal :1529
- Governor of Salsette on lease :1535-48
- Captain of Rachol Fortress :1554-77
- Lord of Colvá :1550-77
- Buried at the Matriz Church of Salcete in Rachol.