Historical records matching Dr. Emil Emanuel Zuckerkandl
About Dr. Emil Emanuel Zuckerkandl
Emil Zuckerkandl (September 1, 1849, in Raab-Szigeth (Hungarian/Croatian border, per his marriage record-May 28, 1910, in Vienna) was a Hungarian-Austrian anatomist.
He was educated at the University of Vienna (M.D., 1874) and was an admiring student of Josef Hyrtl. In 1875 he became privat-docent of anatomy at the University of Utrecht, and he was appointed assistant professor at the University of Vienna in 1879, being made professor at Graz in 1882. From 1888, he was professor of descriptive and topographical anatomy at the University of Vienna.
He was married to the Galician-Austrian writer, journalist, and critic Bert(h)a Szeps, per genteam.at:
- Year 1886 [April 15], Numerative 303, Volume Stadttempel
- Last Name Szeps First Name Berta
- Last Name Zuckerkandl First Name Emil (Emanuel) Dr.
Died Vienna, May 28, 1910 (Numerative 959). Addr. Wien XIX Nusswaldgasse 22; buried Wien Ober Döbling.
Emil Zuckerkandl contributed many monographs to medical journals. Among his works were:*
- "Zur Morphologie des Gesichtschädels" (Stuttgart, 1877)
- "Über eine Bisher noch Nicht Beschriebene Drüse der Regio Suprahyoidea" (ib. 1879)
- "Über das Riechcentrum" (ib. 1887)
- "Normale und Pathologische Anatomie der Nasenhöhle und Ihrer Pneumatischen Anhänge" (Vienna, 1892)
- Zuckerkandl's bodies (1901)
- Zuckerkandl's convolution
- Zuckerkandl's dehiscence
- Zuckerkandl's fascia (1883)
- Zuckerkandl's tubercle (1902)
- Suprapleural membrane of Zuckerkandl and Sebileau
^ Mirilas P, Skandalakis JE (2003). "Zuckerkandl's tubercle: Hannibal ad Portas". J. Am. Coll. Surg. 196 (5): 796–801. doi:10.1016/S1072-7515(02)01831-8. PMID 12742214.
This article incorporates text from the 1901-1906 Jewish Encyclopedia, a publication now in the public domain.
Dr. Emil Emanuel Zuckerkandl's Timeline
September 1, 1849
Raab-Szigeth in Ungarn
May 28, 1910
May 30, 1910
Döbling Cemetery, Vienna