About Dudley Digges
Dudley Digges: b. 1718
Parents: Cole Digges 1691-1744 and Elizabeth Power
Wives: 1. Martha Armistead 2. Elizabeth Wormeley
Child: with Elizabeth Wormeley Lucy (Digges) Stratton b. 1771
Dudley Digges was a leading patriot in the revolutionary cause in Virginia.
The house known as "The Nancy Camp House" (also known as the James Anderson House) is located on the south side of Duke of Gloucester Street in Colonial Williamsburg, VA. On early Williamsburg maps this lot is No. 18 and is marked "Anderson." (Copy of maps in Department of Research. The first definite information as to the ownership of lot 18 is noted in 1723 when Thomas Ravencroft conveyed two lots to Cole Digges: It appears from a later deed, apparently to this property, that Cole Digges conveyed the lots to his son, Dudley Digges.