Matching family tree profiles for Edmund Trafford, Knight of the Bath
About Edmund Trafford, Knight of the Bath
Name: Sir Edmond [@] de Trafford
- Sex: M
- Birth: 12 MAY 1442 in Trafford, Lancashire, England
- Death: 1514
- Father: Sir John [@] de Trafford b: ABT 1420 in Trafford, Lancashire, England
- Mother: Elizabeth [@] de Ashton b: ABT 1431 in Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire, England
- Marriage 1 Margaret [@] Savage b: 1450 in Clinton, Cheshire, England
- Margaret [@] de Trafford b: 6 JUN 1470 in Cardiff, South Glamorgan, Wales
- Dorothy [@] Trafford b: 1482 in Ashton under Lyne, , Lancashire, England
- Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 1114. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
Sir Edmond Trafford, who was
- made a knight of the Bath in 1495.
- He m. Margaret,
- daughter of Sir Sohn Savage of Clifton, and
- widow of John Hanford, of Hanford, and
- had issue,
- Edmond, (Sir) his heir.
- William, under-sheriff of Cheshire in 1540. He m. Margery, daughter of Sir Ralph Longford, of Longford.
- Henry, D.D., rector of Wimslow, in Cheshire, and Bolton Percy, in the county of York, chancellor of York from 1528 to 1557, when he died.
- Alice, m. to Thomas Butler, esq. heir-apparent of Sir Thomas Butler, kit. of Bewsey.
- Margery, m. first, in 1492, to Nicholas Longford, esq. son & heir of Sir Ralph Longford, Knight, of Longford, and secondly, to Thomas Gerard, esq. of Bryn.
- Sir Edmond died in 1514, and
- was s. [succeded] by his son, Sir Edmond Trafford, knight, of Trafford.
Sir Edmund Trafford
- Birth: unknown
- Death: Aug. 15, 1513
- Family links:
- Spouse: Margaret Savage Trafford
- Henry Trafford (____ - 1537)*
- Edmund Trafford (____ - 1533)*
- Burial: Manchester Cathedral Manchester, Metropolitan Borough of Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Created by: Todd Whitesides Record added: Aug 20, 2015
Sir Edmund Trafford[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10]
- M, #53288,
- b. circa 1455,
- d. 15 August 1513
- Father Sir John Trafford[11,2,6,10] b. c 1412, d. 11 Jan 1488
- Mother Elizabeth Ashton[11,2,6,10] b. c 1432
- Sir Edmund Trafford was born circa 1455 at of Trafford, Lancashire, England.
- He married Margaret Savage, daughter of Sir John Savage, Mayor of Chester, Chamberlain of Middlewich and Katherine Stanley, circa 1479;
- They had 3 sons (Sir Edmund; William; & Henry. D.D., Chancellor of York) and 2 daughters (Alice, wife of Thomas Butler; & Margery, wife of Sir Thomas Gerard).[12,2,3,5,6,7,9,10]
- Sir Edmund Trafford died on 15 August 1513 at of Trafford, Lancashire, England.[1,11,2,6,10]
- Family Margaret Savage b. c 1450
- Sir Edmund Trafford+[13,6,10] b. c 1485, d. 28 Jun 1533
- Margery Trafford+[14,2,3,4,6,7,8,10] b. c 1490, d. 10 May 1540
- 1 [S11581] Burke's Dormant & Extinct Peerages, p. 473.
- 2 [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 715-716.
- 3 [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 250.
- 4 [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 14-15.
- 5 [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 493.
- 6 [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 207.
- 7 [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 83.
- 8 [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 556.
- 9 [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 556.
- 10 [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. V, p. 181.
- 11 [S11583] The Wallop Family and Their Ancestry, by Vernon James Watney, p., 771.
- 12 [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 639.
- 13 [S11580] A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Commoners of Great Britain and Ireland, Vol. IV, by John Burke, Esq., p. 248.
- 14 [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 350.
The Knights of England: A Complete Record from the Earliest Time ..., Volume 1, By William Arthur Shaw. p. 228 “Trafford, Edward (Edmond), K.B. (1494), I. 144”
Edmund Trafford, K.B., of Trafford, Lancashire, son of John Trafford, Knt, by Elizabeth, daughter of Thomas Ashton, Knt., of Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire. They had three sons, Edmund, Knt., William, and Henry, D.D. [Chancellor of Your], and two daughter, Alice (wife of Thomas Butler) and Margery. Sir Edmund Trafford died 14 Aug 1513.
- Child of Margaret Savage, by John Honford, Esq.:
- i. Katherine Hanford, married John Mainwaring, Knt., of Over Peover, Cheshire [see OVER PEOVER 14]
- Children of Margaret Savage, by Edmund Trafford, K.B.:
- i. Edmund Trafford, Knt., born about 1485 (aged 28 in 1513). He married Elizabeth Longford, daughter of Ralph Longford, Knt. (died 1513), of Longford, Derbyshire, and Hough Withington (in Manchester), and Didsbury, Lancashire (descendant of King Henry II), by Mabel, daughter of Thomas Ferers, Knt. Sir Edmund Trafford died 28 June 1533. His widow Elizabeth, died 27 Jan 1548.
- ii. Margery Trafford, married Thomas Gerard, Knt., of Bryn (in Ashton-in-Makerfield), Lancashire
Edmund Trafford, Knight of the Bath's Timeline
May 12, 1442
Trafford, Lancashire, England
June 6, 1470
Trafford, Lancashire, England, (Present UK)
Manchester, Lancashire, England
Leigh, Lancashire, England
Trafford, Lancastershire, England
August 15, 1514
Clifton, Cheshire, England