Edward Henry Kenelm Digby, 12th Baron Digby
|Birthplace:||St. George Hanover Square, London, Middlesex, England UK|
Son of Edward Kenelm Digby, 11th Baron Digby of Geashill and Constance Pamela Alice Digby (Bruce)
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Edward Henry Kenelm Digby, 12th Baron Digby
About Edward Henry Kenelm Digby, 12th Baron Digby
Edward Henry Kenelm Digby, 12th Baron Digby KCVO JP DL (born 24 July 1924)
- British peer, retired British Army (Coldstream Guards) officer.
- Son of the Edward Digby, 11th Baron Digby, whom he succeeded as Baron Digby in 1964.
- Studied at Eton and Trinity College, Cambridge
- Trained at the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst.
- Served as an army officer in World War II, Malaya, and the British Army of the Rhine.
- 1952 married Dione Sherbrooke, daughter of Rear-Adm. Robert St Vincent Sherbrooke. They had two sons and a daughter.
- In 1999 the House of Lords Act removed the right of hereditary peers to sit in the House of Lords.
- Served as Lord Lieutenant of Dorset 1984-1999
- Appointed Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order in 1999.
Births Sep 1924
- Digby Edward H K Bruce St Geo H. Sq 1a 592