Edward Fitzrandolph, of Sutton-in-Ashfield
|Also Known As:||"Edward Lord Of Sutton and Chesterfield Fitz Randolph", "Sir Edward Fitzrandolph", "Lord of Sutton and Chesterfield"|
|Birthplace:||Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Kneesall, Nottinghamshire, England|
Son of Christopher FitzRandolph, II; Christopher FitzRandolph; Ann FitzRandolph and Ann Wood
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Edward Fitzrandolph, of Sutton-in-Ashfield
About Edward Fitzrandolph, of Sutton-in-Ashfield
Edward of Sutton-in-Ashfield, later of Kneesall in the County of Nottingham, England. Mentioned in his father's will, June 1588; also in that of his uncle, Thomas Fitz Randolph, May 1600.
Edward's will was dated 13 Aug 1647, Proved 27 October 1647. In it he mentions his son, James.
1614 - The FitzRandolph Coat of Arms was borne by the Lords of Middleham and by the Spennithorne branch of FitzRandolph. The "Visitation" found the coat of arms with Edward, thus confirming the fact.
- 1. Parish Register of Sutton-in Ashfield Co. Nottingham, England, 1577-1700, Vol. 11, p. 51.
- 2. " New England Historical and Genealogical Register" by J.E. Stillwall, Vol III, p.276.
- 3. Correspondence with Charles Craw Jr.
920. Edward Fitz-Randolph, born 1565 in Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England; died October 27, 1647 in Kneesall, Nottinghamshire, England. He was the son of 1840. Christopher Fitz-Randolph and 1841. Ann Wood. He married 921. Frances Howe December 17, 1605 in Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England. 921. Frances Howe, born 1584 in Normantown, Darby, England; died June 7, 1631 in Kneesall, Nottinghamshire, England.
Child of Edward Fitz-Randolph and Frances Howe is: 460 i. Edward Fitz-Randolph, born July 5, 1607 in Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England; died in Middlesex Co., New Jersey; married (2) Elizabeth Blossom May 10, 1637 in Scituate, Plymouth, Massachusetts.
Edward Fitz Randolph was born in 1565 in Sutton-in Ashfield and later of Kneesall in the County of Nottingham. Mentioned in the will of his father, June 1588, and in that of his uncle Thomas Fitz Randolph, May 1600. Buried 1647 atKneesall asfsd. Will dated August 13, 1647 and proved 27 October. m/1 November 16, 1589 at Sutton-in-Ashfield to AlesThompson, buried there December 27. 1604. m/2 December 17,1605 at Sutton-in-Ashfield to Frances Hawes. Edward is thes/o Christopher Fitz Randolph and and Ann Wood. (Randolph 1980 p-588)
Edward FITZRANDOLPH was born about 1583 in Sutton-In-Ashfield, Notts England. He died about 1614 in Normantown, D., England. Notes for Edward Fitzrandolph FA1 PLAC possible marriage dat Dec.17,1605 Parents: Christopher FITZRANDOLPH and Ann WOOD.
Spouse: Alice THOMPSON.
Spouse: Ann ALLWOOD.
Spouse: Francis HOWES. Edward FITZRANDOLPH and Francis HOWES were married on 2 Dec 1605 in Kneesall England. Children were: Edward FITZRANDOLPH.
Edward FITZRANDOLPH (Jr) was born on 5 Jul 1607 in Sutton-In-Ashfield, Notts England. He died about 1677 in Piscataway NJ. Notes; Scituate, Mass 1637 Barnstable, Mass. 1639 Piscataway, NJ. 1669 source; "Founders and Patriots pg 116" "Pioneers of Massachusetts" Genealogical Notes of Barnstable Families" "The Singletary Family History" "English Origins of Ne Families" Vol.2 "Fitzrandolph of NJ" LDs Parents: Edward FITZRANDOLPH and Francis HOWES.
Spouse: Eliazabeth BLOSSOM. Edward FITZRANDOLPH and Eliazabeth BLOSSOM were married on 10 May 1637 in Scituate Massachusetts. Children were: Nathaniel Nathaneil FITZRANDOLPH, Mary FITZRANDOLPH, Hanah FITZRANDOLPH, Mary FITZRANDOLPH, John FITZRANDOLPH, John FITZRANDOLPH, Thomas FITZRANDOLPH, Joseph FITZRANDOLPH, Hope FITZRANDOLPH, Elizabeth FITZRANDOLPH, Benjamin FITZRANDOLPH.
- 'Edward FitzRandolph1
- 'M, b. circa 1565, d. between 13 August 1647 and 27 October 1647
- Father Christopher FitzRandolph b. c 1530
- Mother Ann Wood
- ' Edward FitzRandolph was born circa 1565 at Sutton-in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England; Sutton-in-Ashfield is also called Hucknall-under-Huthwaite. He married Frances Howls on 17 December 1605 at Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England. Edward FitzRandolph left a will on 13 August 1647. He died between 13 August 1647 and 27 October 1647 at Kneesall, Nottinghamshire, England. His estate was probated on 27 October 1647.
- 'Family Frances Howls b. c 1583
- Edward FitzRandolph+ b. 5 Jul 1607, d. c 1685
- 1.[S4022] Unknown author, The Royal Descents of 500 Immigrants, by Gary Boyd Roberts, p. 446.
'The Magna Charta sureties, 1215: the barons named in the Magna Charta, 1215 ... By Frederick Lewis Weis, Walter Lee Sheppard, William
- Pg. 193-196
- 1. ROGER BIGOD (3-1), 2nd Earl of Norfolk, Magna Charta Surety, 1215, b. c. 1150, d. 1221; m. Ida. (CP IX, 586-589).
- 2. MARY BIGOD, heiress of Menethorpe, co. York; prob. m. Ranulf fitz Robert, lord of Middleham, co. York, to which he succeeded by 1206, d. bef. 7 Dec. 1252, bur. at Coverham Abbey, co. York; held 6 knights' fees in the honour of Richmond, co. York, and 6 in Norfolk, the latter acquired presumably from the Bigods. (Clay, Early Yorkshire Charters, V:303; The Genealogist, n.s. 3:33; Feudal Aids 6: 156; VCH, North Riding of York, 1: 254).
- 3. RANULF fitz RANULF, lord of Spennithorne, co. York, b. c. 1220/5, d. bef. 1294; m. Bertrama, widow of Sir Roger de Ingoldsby. (VCH cit. 1: 258).
- 4. RALPH fitz RANULF, lord of Spennithorne, b. c. 1250/60, d. bef. 1316; m. Theophania (or Tiffany) de Lascelles, dau. and coheiress of Sir Roger de Lascelles (IV) of Kirkby-under-Knowle, co. York, who is now considered by legal fiction to have been 1st Baron Lascelles. (VCH cit. 1: 258; Clay, Early Yorkshire Charters, "Lascelle Fee", V 182-186; CP VII, 446-449)
- 5. RANULF fitz RALPH, lord of Spennithorne, sometimes called Ranulf de Lascelles, b. c. 1300, d. aft. 1343; m. Isabel. (VCH cit., 1: 258; Feet of Fines for co. of York, 1327-1347, p.166).
- 6. JOHN fitz RANULF, lord of Spennithorne, b. c. 1325, d. bef. 1369; m. by Oct. 1343, Maud "de Campania," who m. (2) Robert de Hilton, lord of Swine. (VCH Cit., 1: 259; Feet of Fines for co. of York, loc. cit.: Yorks Archaeol. Journal, 25: 174).
- 7. RANDALL (or RANULF) fitz JOHN, lord of Spennithorne, b. c. 1345, d. aft. 1388. (VCH cit. 1: 259).
- 8. SIR JOHN RANDALL (or FITZ RANDOLPH), KNT., lord of Spennithorne, b. c. 1374, beheaded, 1405 for taking part in the rebellion of Henry Percy, 1st Earl of Northumberland, Richard Scrope, Archbishop of York, and other northern magnates. (VCH cit. 1: 259; C.W.C. Oman, Political History of England, 1377-1485, pp. 194-198; see Close Rolls, 17 Feb. 1407, for lands of which Sir John was seised at time of his death).
- 9. SIR RALPH FITZ RANDALL (or FITZ RANDOLPH), KNT., lord of Spennithorne, b. c. 1398, under age in 1407, will dated 20 Jan. 1457/8, pr. ult. Jan. 1457/8; m. Elizabeth. (VCH cit. 1: 259; Sir Ralph's Will is printed in Surtees Soc. Publ., 26: 4).
- 10. JOHN FITZ RANDOLPH (or FITZ RANDOLPH), ESQ., lord of Spennithorne, b. c. 1420, d. 5 Mar. 1474/5; m. Joan Conyers, eldest dau. of Sir Christopher Conyers, Knt., of Hornby Castle, co. York. b. c. 1380. d. aft. 1462, m. (1) bef. Sept. 1415 Ellen, b. c. 1399, d. 6 Aug. 1444, dau. of Thomas Rolleston of Mablethorp, co. Lincoln, Esq., by Beatrice Haulay his wife, heiress of Ingleton, co. York. (VCH cit. 1: 259: J.W. Clay, Extinct & Dormant Peerages of the Northern Counties of England, 32-33; Yorks Arch. Soc. Record Series, 59: 105, Inq.p.m. of Thomas Rolleston).
- 11. JOHN FITZ RANDOLPH, b. perhaps 1455/60, prob. d. bef. 1514, presumed to have been third or fourth son of John Fitz Randolph and Joan Conyers, and brother of Sir Ralph Fitz Randolph of Spennithorne (c. 1444-1517) and of Christopher Fitz Randolph, parson of Kirkby-in-Ashfield, co. Nottingham (d 1516). See note to this pedigree; Fitz Randolph pedigree in British Museum Add. Mss. 6705, f58b, begins with this John).
- 12. CHRISTOPHER FITZ RANDOLPH, b. c. 1495, d. sh. bef. 26 Apr. 1670 (adminstration granted on that date to his widow Jane and eldest son Thomas); doubtless came to Kirkby-in-Ashfield, co Nottingham, because of his uncle Christopher Fitz Randolph, parson of that place, who d. 1516 leaving a will dated 1 Jun 1516 of which the nephew Christopher was named as one of the executors; m. by contract dated 1514 to Jane (or Joan) Langton, dau. and heiress of Cuthbert Langton of Langton Hall in the parish of Kirkby-in-Ashfield. Jane was b. c. 1499, d. betw. 30 July 1573 (date of will) and 2 Apr. 1574 (probate). (NEHGR, 97: 296, 99: 335-336; Brit. Museum Add. Mss. 6705: f58b; Add. Mss. 6707: v1O2; Harl. Mss. 1400: 58, 58b; Thoroton, Antiquities of Nottinghamshire, 2: 296; Harl. Soc. Publ., 4: 187. L.V.F. Randolph, FitzRandolph Traditions, mentions Christopher Fitz Randolph and Jane Langton many times, but this book regrettably contains many errors; Whitaker, Richmondshire II, p. 46).
- 13. CHRISTOPHER FITZ RANDOLPH, b. c. 1530, bur. at Sutton-in-Ashfield, co. Nottingham, 28 June 1588 (this is the correct date of burial from original paper Parish Register of Sutton-in-Ashfield. The date was incorrectly copied as "7 Jun 1589" in late parchment copy of original Register, and wrong date from copy was unfortunately printed in the NEHGR, 97: 298). Christopher was his parents' fourth son, and was named in his mother's will, dated 30 July 1573. His own will, dated 20 June 1588, was proved 1 Apr. 1589 in the Peculiar Court of the Manor of Mansfield (Notts. County Record Office, D.D.P. 17/69). Christopher's wife, who predeceased him, was not named in his will. He had four sons, James, Anthony, Edward and Christopher, named in the will.
- '14. EDWARD FITZ RANDOLPH, b. c. 1565, d. betw. 13 Aug. 1647 (dated of will) and 27 Oct. 1647 (probate). He was prob. b. at Hucknall-under-Huthwaite in the parish of Sutton-in-Ashfield, co. Nottingham, and moved aft. 1621 to Kirsall in the Parish of Kneesall, co. Nottingham, where he died. He was the 3rd son named in his father's will, and was prob. the nephew Edward named in the will of his uncle Thomas Fitz Randolph, 21 May 1600. (NEHGR, 97: 297). He m. (1) at Sutton-in-Ashfield, 16 Nov. 1589, Alice Tompson, bur. there 27 Dec. 1604. He m. (2) at Sutton-in-Ashfield, 17 Dec. 1605, Frances Howls, apparently a native of the parish of Kneesall, co. Nottingham, bur. at Kneesall 7 June 1631 (NEHGR 97: 298; Transcript of the Parish Registers of Kneesall; original will of Edward Fitz Randolph at York Probate Registry, in which he bequeathed ten pounds sterling to his son Edward "if he cum to demand it.")
- 15. EDWARD FITZ RANDOLPH (son of the 2nd marriage), the emigrant to New England and eventual settler in New Jersey, bp. at Sutton-in-Ashfield, co. Nottingham, 5 July 1607, emigrated 1630 to Scituate, Mass., then moved to Barnstable, Cape Cod, and finally to Piscataway, N.J., where he d. c. 1684/5. He m. at Scituate, 10 May 1637, Elizabeth Blossom, b. at Leyden, Netherlands, 1620, d. at Piscataway, c. 1713, having remarried, 30 June 1685, Capt. John Pike. (NEHGR 97: 275-276, 298; 99: 335-336; Louise Aymar Christian and Howard Stelle Fitz Randolph, Fitz Randolph Genealogy, 5).
- Note: Although this line is probably sound, attention should be drawn to other evidences. C.T. Clay, Early Yorkshire Charters, 5: 303, say that Ranulf Fitz Robert "is said to have married Mary daughter of Roger Bigod earl of Norfolk" (see above, Generation 2). Mary definitely brought the lands of Menethorpe, co York, to her husband in gift of frank-marriage, which lands had previously been held by Roger Bigod (ibid., footnote 4 and authorities there cited). Moreover, the careful pedigree in the Genealogist, n.s., 3: 33, gives Mary as daughter of Roger Bigod.
- The weakest link is that which connects Generations 10 and 11 (above). John Fitz Randolph (Generation 10) was succeeded at Spennithorne by his eldest son Sir Ralph Fitz Randolph (b.c. 1444, d. 1517) who married Elizabeth Scrope, daughter of Sir Thomas Scrope, 5th Lord Scrope of Masham. They had a son John Fitz Randolph (who d. in 1517 shortly after his father, and was the last of the Fitz Randolphs of Spennithorne), and five daughters, Elizabeth, Alice, Mary, Dorothy, and Agnes, who were coheiresses of their brother John at his death in 1517 (Surtees Soc. Publ., 133: 24). In 1514 Christopher Fitz Randolph (Generation 12) was married by contract to Jane Langton. Two of the feoffees of the marriage contract were John Fitz Randolph, heir of Spennithorne, mentioned above, and his brother-in-law Sir Nicholas Strelley of Linby, co. Nottingham, husband of Elizabeth Fitz Randolph, the eldest of the five Spennithorne coheiresses. It is presumed that John Fitz Randolph and Strelley were feoffees because the bride-groom, Christopher Fitz Randolph, was John's first cousin and Strelley's first-cousin-in-law (see discussion by Anthony R. Wagner, Richmond Herald, in NEHGR 99: 335-336).
- We also know that Christopher Fitz Randolph (Generation 12) had an uncle, Christopher Fitz Randolph, parson of Kirkby-in-Ashfield, co. Nottingham, who was presented to that living 3 Mar. 1489/90 by Sir John Conyers, Knt., of Hornby Castle, co. York, who had acquired the advowson. Christopher Fitz Randolph, the parson made a will dated 1 June 1516, proved 17 July 1516, of which his nephew Christopher (Generation 12) was one of the executors. Christopher the parson unfortunately did not mention his kinsmen of the Spennithorne line in this will.
- We further know that John Fitz Randolph (Generation 10) married Joan Conyers, eldest daughter of Sir Christopher Conyers, Knt., lord of Hornby Castle, co. York (Raine, Testamenta Eboracenses, 3: 228; Conyers pedigree in J.W. Clay, Extinct and Dormant Peerages of the Northern Counties of England, 32-33). Joan (Conyers) Fitz Randolph was living, a widow, 22 June 1483, when she was named in the will of that date of her brother Christopher Conyers, Rector of Rudby, co. York (Raine, Test. Ebor., 3: 287). We think (but cannot prove) that John Fitz Randolph (Generation 10) and his wife Joan Conyers had, in addition to their eldest son and heir Sir Ralph, younger sons named Richard, John, and Christopher, and a daughter Margery who married John Burgh of East Hawkswell, co. York (for the Burghs, see Whitaker, Richmondshilre, 347). Of the above-named three younger sons, we suppose that John was the John Fitz Randolph (Generation 11), while Christopher was the parson of Kirkby-in-Ashfield, named for his grandfather and uncle, each named Christopher Conyers. If this connection be correct, as we believe, it would explain why Sir John Conyers of Hornby (eldest son of Sir Christopher and brother of Joan (Conyers) Fitz Randolph) acquired the advowson of Kirkby-in-Ashfield and presented Christopher Fitz Randolph (whom we believe to have been Sir John's nephew) to that living. It may be noted in passing that the given name Christopher entered the Fitz Randolph family through the marriage to Joan Conyers in the fifteenth century and continued as a given name in that family for over two centuries. Edward Fitz Randolph's (Generation 15) eldest surviving son Nathaniel had an eldest son John who had an eldest son Christopher, b. at Woodbridge, N.J., 23 Feb. 1682 (L.A. Christian and H.S.F. Randolph, FitzRandolph Genealogy, 9).
- Bearing in mind the possibilities that Mary Bigod (Generation 2) may not have been the wife of Randulf fitz Robert, and that John Fitz Randolph Generation 11) may not have been a younger son of John Fitz Randolph (Generation 10), even though we think that those connections are correct, we have presented the above pedigree.
- John Insley Coddington
THE CONNECTION WITH (22) RANDOLPH - Duke of Westmoreland BEING THE FATHER OF (23) RANDOLPH - fifth son of Randolph and Catherine. IS NOT CORRECT ACCORDING TO SEVERAL OTHER LISTINGS
'Fitz Randolph Traditions: A Story of a Thousand Years (1907)
- CHAPTER IX
- Review of Line of Descent from Rolf the Norseman to Edward the Pilgrim
- Here, then, once more the writer pauses to recapitulate his ascertainments and conclusions. To the following ancestral story - here given in merest outlne - any American Fitz Randolph, who has been at the trouble of tracing his lineage back to Edward the Pilgrim, may, we believe, safely and reasonably link his line.
- (1) ROLF - The norseman Conqueror. Born about A.D. 860. Died A.D. 932. Married Gisela, daughter of King Charles of France.
- (2) WILLIAM, "Longsword" - Duke of Normandy. Died about 943.
- (3) RICHARD, "The Fearless" - Duke of Normandy. Reigned more than half a century. Died A.D. 996.
- (4) RICHARD, "The Good" - Duke of Normandy. Died A.D. 1026.
- (5) RICHARD - Duke of Normandy. Whose wife was Judith. He died A.D. 1028. [He was father of Robert "The Magnificent," whose son was William "The Conqueror," and he was brother of Avicia, who married Geoffrey, Duke of Brittany.]
- (6) GEOFFREY, AVICIA.
- (7) EUDO - Duke of Brittany. Married Agnes, daughter of Alan, and died in 1079.
- (8) RIBALD - Lord of Middleham. [Brother to Alan Rufus, Duke of Richmond, and to Stephen and to Bardolf.] Married Beatrix, and spent his last days in retirement at St. Mary's Abbey, York.
- (9) RANDOLPH - Lord of Middleham. Married Agatha, daughter of the first Robert of Bruce.
- (10) ROBERT FITZ RANDOLPH - Lord of Middleham. Who built the Castle of Middleham and married Helewisa de Glanville.
- (11) RANDOLPH FITZ RANDOLPH - Lord of Middleham. Married Mary, daughter of Roger Bigot, Duke of Norfolk.
- (12) RANDOLPH FITZ RANDOLPH - Lord of Middleham. Who married Anastasia, daughter of William, Lord Percy.
- (13) MARY FITZ RANDOLPH. Daughter of Randolph and Anastasia, a rich, religious and benevolent woman who married Robert de Neville. She died A.D. 1320, having survived her husband 49 years.
- (14) RANDOLPH DE NEVILLE - Lord of Middleham. Whose second wife was Margaret, daughter of Marmaduke Thweng. Died 1332.
- (15) RANDOLPH DE NEVILLE - Lord of Middleham. Who married Alicia, daughter of Hugo de Audley. Died 1358.
- (16) JOHN DE NEVILL - Lord of Middleham. Who married Matilda Percy.* Died 1389.
- (17) RANDOLPH DE NEVILLE - Lord of Middleham and first Earl of Westmorland. Whose first wife was Margaret (daughter of Hugo), Lady Stafford - descended from Edward I - and whose second wife was Joan of Beaufort, daughter of John of Gaunt and granddaughter of Edward III. He died in 1435. By his second wife his posterity runs into and adown the English royal line. See page 36. We now follow the posterity of the Earl of Westmoreland by his first wife, Lady Stafford.
- (18) JOHN (the children of whose brother Randolph were all daughters) married Elizabeth, daughter of Thomas Holland, Earl of Canterbury. He died two years before his father, in 1433.
- (19) JOHN, heir presumptive f to the dukedom of Westmoreland. Was hero of the battle of Towton, in the year 1461, and bravely lost his life there on the Lancastrian side. He had married Anna, the widow of John de Neville.
- (20) RANDOLPH - Duke of Westmoreland. (Son of John and Anna) married Margaret, daughter of Booth de Barton of Lancaster.
- (21) RANDOLPH, Heir presumptive. Died during his father's lifetime; married Edith, daughter of the Earl of Sandwich.
- (22) RANDOLPH - Duke of Westmoreland. (Son of Randolph and Edith), married Catherine, daughter of Edward, Duke of Buckingham.* Died 1524.
- (23) RANDOLPH - fifth son of Randolph and Catherine. The first son being Henry, whose son Charles was the last in the line of these dukes of Westmoreland, and the other sons being Thomas, Edward, Christopher and Cuthbert. Died probably about 1565.
- (24) CHRISTOPHER FITZ RANDOLPH (son of Randolph, fifth son of Duke of Westmoreland). Married Joan, daughter and heiress of Cuthbert Langton of Langton Hall. Died 1588.
- '(25) EDWARD FITZ RANDOLPH of Langton Hall. With whom was found and in whom was confirmed by the "Visitation" of 1614 the Fitz Randolph Arms substantially as borne by the Lords of Middleham and by the Spennithorne branch of Fitz Randolph. Died probably about 1635.
- (26) EDWARD FITZ RANDOLPH - Pilgrim. Married May 10, 1637, at Scituate, Mass., to Elizabeth Blossom, daughter of Thomas and Anne Blossom. Moved to Piscataway, N. J., 1669. Died 1675.
Marriage 16 NOV 1589 Sutton-in-Ashfield to Ales Thompson Alt Marriage 17 DEC 1605 Sutton-in-Ashfield, England to Frances Howes Marriage 27 DEC 1605 Nottingham, England to Frances Howes Will 13 AUG 1647 Burial? 16 AUG 1647 Kneesall, County Of Nottingham, England
Edward of Sutton-in-Ashfield and later of Kneesall in the County of Nottingham. Mentioned in the will of his father, June 1588, and in that of his uncle Thomas Fitz Randolph, May 1600. Buried at Kneesall.
Address: Sutton-in-Ashfield and later of Kneesall, County of Nottingham, England
▼References ↑ Edward left his son Edward 10 pounds sterling "if he cum to demand it." The son had emigrated to New England in 1630.
ID: I07189 Name: Edward Fitz Randolph 1 2 3 Sex: M Birth: 1565 in Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, Engl Death: 27 OCT 1647 in Kneesall, Nottinghamshire, England
Father: Christopher Fitz Randolph b: 1530 in Hucknall, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire England Mother: Ann Wood b: 1550 in Normantown, Darby, England
Marriage 1 Ales Thompson Married: 16 NOV 1589 in Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England Children Has No Children Elizabeth Fitz Randolph Has No Children Thomas Fitz Randolph Has No Children Richard Fitz Randolph Has No Children Jane Fitz Randolph Has No Children Catherine Fitz Randolph
Marriage 2 Frances Howe b: 1584 in Normantown, Darby, England Married: 17 DEC 1605 in Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England Children Has Children Edward Fitz Randolph b: 5 JUL 1607 in Sutton-on-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England Has No Children Anthony Fitz Randolph Has No Children Ales Fitz Randolph Has No Children Christopher Fitz Randolph Has No Children John Fitz Randolph Has No Children Joseph Fitz Randolph
Sources: Title: Ancestry.com Text: Sources: http://awtc.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1609974&id=I18931 1. Sir Anthony Wagner, The Royal Arms College, "Decendents of Edwar- 2. Bill Gertzemail@example.com oct 1997 Title: http://www.public.asu.edu/~bgertz/family/d0015/g0000065.html#I224 Text: Edward FITZ RANDOLPH 1565 - 27 Oct 1647 BIRTH: 1565, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England DEATH: 27 Oct 1647, Kneesall, Nottinghamshire, England Father: Christopher FITZ RANDOLPH Mother: Ann WOOD
Family 1 : Frances HOWE MARRIAGE: 17 Dec 1605, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England +Edward FITZ RANDOLPH Anthony FITZ RANDOLPH Ales FITZ RANDOLPH Christopher FITZ RANDOLPH John FITZ RANDOLPH Joseph FITZ RANDOLPH Family 2 : Ales THOMPSON MARRIAGE: 16 Nov 1589, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England Elizabeth FITZ RANDOLPH Thomas FITZ RANDOLPH Richard FITZ RANDOLPH Jane FITZ RANDOLPH Catheren FITZ RANDOLPH Title: Christian, Louise Aymar, Fitz Randolph, Howard Steele. The descendants of Edward Fitz Randolph and Elizabeth Blossom 1630-1950. East Orange, N.J, 1984
Sir Edward Fitzrandolph, Lord of Sutton and Chesterfield
Edward Fitzrandolph, of Sutton-in-Ashfield's Timeline
Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England
mentioned in father's will
November 6, 1590
Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England
January 2, 1593
Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England
August 7, 1596
Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England
January 1, 1602
Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England
December 16, 1604
Stutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England
July 5, 1607
Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England