|Also Known As:||"Edward /Knyvet/"|
|Birthplace:||Of, Buckenham Castle, Norfolk, England|
Son of William Knyvett, Sir and Lady Joan Stafford
About Sir Edward Knevet
- Sir Edward Kynvet1,2
- M, #143923, b. before 1480
- Father Sir William Knyvett, Sheriff of Norfolk & Suffolk, Burgess of Melcombe, Bletchingley, & Grantham, Constable of Rising Castle3,4 b. c 1440, d. 25 Nov 1515 or 2 Dec 1515
- Mother Joan Stafford3,4 d. 1484
- Sir Edward Kynvet was born before 1480 at of Greyshaw, Norfolk, England.1,2 He married Anne Calthorpe, daughter of Sir John Calthorpe and Elizabeth Wentworth, circa 1500; 2nd marriage for her. No issue.1,2 Sir Edward Kynvet left a will on 22 October 1528.1,2 His estate was probated on 10 December 1528.1,2
- Family Anne Calthorpe b. c 1468
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 320.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 177.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 318-319.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 175-176.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p4793.htm#i143923
- Edward KNYVETT
Born: ABT 1476, Saltash, Cornwall, England
- Father: William KNYVETT (Sir Knight)
- Mother: Alice GREY
- Married 1: Margaret Le STRANGE Walton D'eville, Warwickshire, England
- Married 2: Anne CALTHORPE
- From: http://tudorplace.com.ar/KNYVETT.htm#Edward KNYVETT2
- Sir William Knyvett (c. 1440 – 2 December 1515) was an English knight in the late Middle Ages. He was the son of John Knyvet and Alice Lynne, and assumed the titles of Sheriff of Norfolk & Suffolk, Burgess of Melcombe, Bletchingley, & Grantham, Constable of Rising Castle.
- Sir William married three times. The first was to Alice Grey, daughter of John Grey, Esq., of Kempston, eldest son of Reginald Grey, 3rd Baron Grey de Ruthyn by his second wife, Joan Astley; by whom he had issue. His second marriage was to Lady Joan Stafford, daughter of Humphrey Stafford, 1st Duke of Buckingham and Lady Anne Neville, by whom he had issue. His final marriage was to Lady Joan Courtenay, the daughter of Thomas de Courtenay, 5th Earl of Devon, a friend of York, and his wife, Lady Margaret Beaufort; they had no issue.
- Sir William Knyvett died December 2, 1515 in Wymondham, Norfolk.
- His children by his first wife, Alice Grey, were Sir Edmund Knyvett of Buckenham, who married Eleanor Tyrrell; Anne Knyvett who married John Thwaites, Esq.; Bennet Knyvett; and Elizabeth Knyvett. By his second wife, Lady Joan Stafford, Knyvett had three sons including Sir Edward Knyvett and Charles Knyvett; along with three daughters including Anne Knyvett who married Charles Clifford, Esq.
- From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_William_Knyvett