Matching family tree profiles for Eleazer Gedney
About Eleazer Gedney
- Birth: May 15, 1642 - Salem, Essex, Massachusetts
- Parents: John Gedney Sarah (Mary) Bartholomew
- Married: Elizabeth Turner, Mary Pattashall
- Death: Apr. 29, 1683 - Salem, Essex, Massachusetts
- Occupation: Shipbuilder
- ELIZABETH TURNER, June 6, 1665, daughter of ROBERT TURNER and ELIZABETH FREESTONE. She was born April 13, 1648 in Massachusetts and died 1677 in Massachusetts.
- MARY PATTASHALL/PATESHALL, June 6, 1678. She was born unknown and died 1716 in Salem, Essex County, Massachusetts.
Children of ELEAZER GEDNEY and ELIZABETH TURNER are:
Children of Eleazar Gedney and Elizabeth Turner are:
- Eleazar3 Gedney, born 18 March 1665/66 in Salem, Essex Co., MA; died 27 October 1722 in Mamaroneck, Westchester Co., NY. Married Mary Ann Mott.
- Elizabeth Gedney, born 02 April 1669 in Salem, Essex Co., MA; died Unknown. She married Richard King Abt. 1695 in Salem, Essex Co., MA; born Abt. 1665; died Unknown.
- William Gedney, born 02 August 1674 in Salem, Essex Co., MA; died unknown.
- Mary Gedney, born 25 November 1677 in Salem, Essex Co., MA; died 12 August 1702. She married John Turner; born Abt. 1675; died Unknown.
- Ruth Gedney, born 24 May 1672 in Salem, Essex Co., MA; died 23 August 1737. Married Habakkuk Gardner.
Children of Eleazer Gidney & Mary Pattashall:
The Gedney House is a historic Colonial American house, estimated to have been constructed circa 1665. It is located at 21 High Street, Salem, Massachusetts and operated as a non-profit museum by Historic New England. The house is rarely open to the public, though private tours can be arranged.
The house was built for Eleazor Gedney, a well-to-do shipwright of the Gedney family, married to the sister of John Turner, builder of Salem's House of Seven Gables. Gedney purchased the unimproved land here in April of 1664 close to the shore and the "buildplace" for his boats. He was married in June of 1665, and the original portion of the house, two stories with gabled attic to the left and a parlor with lean-to roof to the right was erected at this time. Long-gone extensions at the rear (where some structural evidence survives) were probably original. They were surely in existence at the time of Eleazer's early death in 1683 when an estate inventory mentions the hall, hall chamber, a garret, "parlour or lento" and "lento chambr," and "Kitchin, Loft over it & little leantoo." The latter lean-to was presumably in the rear.
- [http://www.historicnewengland.org/historic-properties/homes/gedney-house Gedney House
Salem, Massachusetts - 1665 - A National Historic Landmark]