Matching family tree profiles for Elizabeth Allen
About Elizabeth Allen
- Born 9 Nov 1635 in Boston, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Died 5 Apr 1673 in Boston, Middlesex, Massachusetts
- Daughter of Jeremiah Houchin and Esther Pigeon
She married, first, on Nov 9,1653 at Boston,MA, John Endicott Jr. He was the son of Gov.John Endicott and his second wife Elizabeth (Cogan) Gibson Endicott of Salem.
She married, second, on Aug 31,1668 as his second wife, James Allen. Children(by second marriage): Hannah Allen Danforth, James Allen Jr, John Allen, and Jeremiah Allen.
From THE MEMORIAL HISTORY OF BOSTON, INCLUDING SUFFOLK COUNTY, MASSACHUSETTS 1630-1880. JUSTIN WINSOR 1886 Page 45 "The Hinckley Mansion"
15. William Kirkby, h. and g.; sold to James Hawkins. This, or the upper part of No. 1, was the lot upon which, later, the Rev. James Allen, of the First Church, built his famous stone house, which, when taken down after the war of 1812 to give place to the dwellings erected by David Hinckley, and now constituting the Congregational House, was thought to be the oldest stone house in the town. Allen had married the widow of the younger John Endicott, Elizabeth, the daughter of the tanner Jeremy Houchin. Allen devised, in 1710, his mansion-house to his son Jeremiah, who dying in 1741 it came to his son Jeremiah, dying in 1755, when the title finally passed to his son James, who sold it to his brother Jeremiah, the high sheriff, who died in 1809. Gleaner Articles, No. 33.
- Reference: Find A Grave Memorial - SmartCopy: Feb 14 2017, 4:51:54 UTC
- Reference: MyHeritage Family Trees - SmartCopy: Feb 14 2017, 4:36:45 UTC