Elizabeth Cranmer (Carwithy)
|Birthplace:||Southold, Suffolk, New York, United States|
|Death:||Died in Southhold,Lewis,New York,USA|
|Place of Burial:||Southhold,, Lewis, New York, United States|
Daughter of David Carwithy and Grace Carwithy
|Managed by:||James Conrath|
About Elizabeth Cranmer
William Cranmer (d ca 1689), the progenitor of the Cranmer/Cramer families of the Jersey shore, first appears as one of the early settlers of Southhold, Long Island, NY. Before 1665 he married Carwithy, daughter of David and Grace Carwithy of Southhold. David Carwithy's will, written 30 August 1665 mentions his daughter Elizabeth Cranmer.
They were the parents of 5 children:
- Thomas Cranmer born Abt 1660.
- Elizabeth Cranmer born Abt 1662.
- William Cranmer born Abt 1664.
- John Cranmer born Abt 1666.
- J. Cranmer
- David Carwithy (poss. of Devon.) m. another sister, Grace Alcock and they went to New England, also.
Connected with this group is a William Cranmer. He seems to turn up in New England in the middle 1650's. He married Elizabeth Carwithy, dau. of David Carwithy and Grace Alcock. The Carwithys went from Mass. to Long Island, Southold, New England (now NY). Hooker, Alcock, Cranmer, Puritans - Archives 2008
- Cranmer, William Descendants, Harris, Jean Shropshire & Harris, Murray Thomas, (Woodbury, New Jersey:The Gloucester County Historical Society, 1997), page 10..
- Genealogical and Memorial History of the State of New Jersey edited by Francis Bazley Lee. Page 134
Elizabeth Cranmer's Timeline
Southold, Suffolk, New York, United States
Elizabeth, Essex, New Jersey, United States
Southold, Suffolk, New York
Woodbridge, Province of New York
April 27, 1666
Elizabethtown, Essex, New Jersey, United States
December 4, 1689
Southhold,, Lewis, New York, United States