Matching family tree profiles for Elizabeth Courtenay
view all 19
About Elizabeth Courtenay
- Elizabeth Cogan1,2,3,4,5,6
- F, #29464, b. circa 1374, d. 29 October 1397
- Father Sir William Cogan, Sheriff of Someset & Dorset2,3,4,5,6 b. c 1344, d. 22 Jul 1382
- Mother Isabel Loring3,4,5,6 b. c 1356, d. 21 Aug 1400
- Elizabeth Cogan was born circa 1374 at of Bampton, Devonshire, England; Age 8 in Dec 1382.2,6 She married Sir Fulk FitzWarin, 5th Lord FitzWarin, son of Sir Fulk FitzWarin, 4th Lord FitzWarin and Blanche de Audley, before 30 November 1388; They had 1 son (Fulk).2,3,4,5,6 Elizabeth Cogan married Sir Hugh Courtenay, Sheriff of Devonshire, son of Sir Edward de Courtenay and Emmeline Dawnay, between 1 July 1392 and 11 February 1393; Date of pardon for marrying without a license. They had no surviving issue.7,2,3,4,5,6 Elizabeth Cogan died on 29 October 1397 at of Hinton & Mudford Terry, Somersetshire, England.2,3,4,5,6
- Family 1 Sir Fulk FitzWarin, 5th Lord FitzWarin b. 2 Mar 1362, d. 8 Aug 1391
- Sir Fulk FitzWarin, 6th Lord FitzWarin+6 b. 1 Apr 1389 or 3 May 1389, d. 31 Oct 1407
- Family 2 Sir Hugh Courtenay, Sheriff of Devonshire b. a 1358, d. 5 Mar 1425
- 1.[S9181] Unknown author, The Complete Peerage, by Cokayne, Vol. III, p. 359/60, Vol. V, p. 502; Some Early English Pedigrees, by Vernon M. Norr, p. 11; Wallop Family, p. 332, 216.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 240.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 86.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 547-548.
- 5.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 333.
- 6.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 662-663.
- 7.[S11581] Burke's Dormant & Extinct Peerages, p. 141.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p981.htm#i29464
- Elizabeth Cogan1
- F, #174631, d. 29 October 1397
- Last Edited=27 Oct 2007
- Elizabeth Cogan was the daughter of Sir William Cogan.1 She married, firstly, Sir Fulk FitzWarin, 5th Lord FitzWarin.2 She married, secondly, Sir Hugh de Courtenay, son of Edward de Courtenay and Emmeline Dawnay, before 11 February 1392/93.1 She died on 29 October 1397, without issue.1
- Her married name became FitzWarin.2 From before 11 February 1392/93, her married name became de Courtenay.1
- 1.[S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 1123. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 2.[S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume V, page 502. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p17464.htm#i174631
- Hugh COURTENAY of Haccombe (Sir)
- Born: BET 1358/60, probably Haccombe, Devonshire, England
- Died: 15 Mar 1424/25
- Father: Edward COURTENAY of Godlington
- Mother: Emeline DAUNEY
- Married 1: Elizabeth COGAN
- Married 2: Phillipa ARCHDEKNE (dau. of Sir Warren Archdekne of Haccombe)
- 1. Joan COURTENAY
- Married 3: Matilda BEAUMONT (d. 3 Jul 1467) (dau. of Sir John Beaumont of Sherwell) ABT 1372
- 2. Margaret COURTENAY
- 3. Edward COURTENAY (Sir)
- 4. Hugh COURTENAY of Boconnoc (Sir)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/COURTENAY1.htm#Hugh COURTENAY of Haccombe (Sir)1
Elizabeth Courtenay's Timeline
Bampton, Devon, England
Nythway, Devonshire, England
April 1, 1389
Combe Martin, Devonshire, UK
October 29, 1397
Combe Martin, Devonshire, England