About Elizabeth Dwight
- Birth: BEF 1615 in Bridgeham, Norfolk, England 1
- Death: 17 JUL 1660 in Highham, Massachusetts Bay 1
- Thomas Thaxter b: BEF FEB 1595 in Prob. Norfolk, England c: 01 FEB 1595 in Bridgham, Norfolk, England Married: ABT 1624 in Norfolk, England
- Marriage 2 William Ripley b: BEF 08 JUL 1588 in Wramplingham, Norfolk, England Married: 29 SEP 1654 in Hingham, Massachusetts Bay
- Marriage 3 John Dwight of Dedham Married: AFT 1656 in 3rd husband
Children with 1st husband
- John Thaxter b: 1626 in England
- Elizabeth Thaxter b: 1629 in England
- Thomas Thaxter b: ABT 1632 in England c: 04 AUG 1633 in Wrentham, Suffolk, England
- Sarah Thaxter b: 1633 in Hingham, Massachusetts Bay
- Daniel Thaxter b: 1638 in Hingham, Massachusetts Bay
- Samuel Thaxter b: 19 MAY 1641 in Hihgham, Massachusetts Bay
The parentage of Elizabeth, the wife of Thomas Thaxter, has not been established. Three seems to be general agreement that she was christened in Norfolk in 1615. Some have her as Elizabeth Coffin, parents unknown, and others as Elizabeth Coffin, dau. of Richard Cotten and Elizabeth Loveys of Devon. Although that couple had a dau. Elizabeth, b. about 1598, she apparently married Hugh Fortesque about 1623, and none of those who show the wife of Thomas Thaxter as this Elizabeth have sources of any value or explain how she, along among her family, made it from Devon to Norfolk. I show her parentage as unknown, but the data base contains information about Richard Coffin and Elizabeth Loveys.
- Birth: unknown, England
- Death: Jul. 17, 1661 Dedham Norfolk County Massachusetts, USA
Family links: Spouse: William Ripley (1598 - 1656)
Burial: Non-Cemetery Burial
Created by: treerpgmo Record added: Dec 31, 2010 Find A Grave Memorial# 63519594
married John Dwight 1/20/1668 ; she died 7/17/1660
- 1"Abstracts of Suffolk Wills: John Dwight," NEHGR 10:3 (Jul 1856) (New England Historic, Genealogical Society.), p. 263, Los Angeles Public Library.
- 2Preston, Belle, Bassett-Preston Ancestors (New Haven, Connecticut: Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor, 1930.), p. 90, Los Angeles Public Library, 929.2 B319.
- 3Dwight, Benjamin Woodbridge, The History of the Descendants of John Dwight, of Dedham, Massachusetts (New York: John Trow & Son, Printers, 1874.), 1:94, Family History Library, 929.273 D962d.
- 4Savage, James, A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, showing three generations of those who came before 1692 (Boston: Little, Brown and Company, 1860-62.), 3:543, 4:275, Los Angeles Public Library, 929.274 S264.
- 5Anderson, Robert Charles, George F. Sanborn, Jr., Melinde Lutz Sanborn, The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England, 1634-1635 (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1999-2007.), 2:375, Los Angeles Public Library, Gen 974 A549-1.
- 6History of the Town of Hingham, Massachusetts (Hingham, Massachusetts: The Town, 1893.), 3:132, Family History Library, 974.482/H1 H2h.
- 7Mahler, Leslie, "William Dwight, Father of John and Timothy Dwight of Dedham, Massachusetts," NEHGR 164:2 (Apr 2010) (New England Historic, Genealogical Society.), p. 137, Los Angeles Public Library.
Elizabeth Dwight's Timeline
Bridgeham, Norfolk, England
Hingham, Norfolk, England
Hingham, Plymouth County, Massachusetts
May 19, 1641
Hingham, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Hingham, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States