Matching family tree profiles for Elizabeth Lawrence
About Elizabeth Lawrence
- A genealogical memoir of the family of John Lawrence, of Watertown, 1636; with brief notices of others of the name in England and America (1847)
- It is, however, to one ROBERT LAWRENCE, of Lancashire, we are to look for the first individual of the name whose family and circumstances entitle him to be considered the Ancestor of the Lawrences of England. Born, probably, as early as A. D. 1150, he accompanied his sovereign, Richard Coeur de Lion, to the war of the Crusades, in the Holy Land, and so distinguished himself in the siege of Acre that he was knighted Sir Robert of Ashton Hall, and obtained for his arms, " Arg. a cross raguly Gu. " — A. D. 1191.
- Seized of Ashton Hall in Lancashire, his successors held this seat for many generations, and it has been said to have belonged, even of late, to some of Sir Robert's descendants. His son and immediate successor married a daughter of James Trafford, Esq., of Trafford, Lancashire, by whom he had a son and heir, James, who succeeded Sir Robert, his father.
- JAMES married Matilda de Washington, daughter of John Washington, of Washington, in 1252. She was an heiress, the only daughter. The son and successor of James Lawrence " living in the thirty-seventh year of Henry III. " by Matilda, was John, who married Margaret, daughter of Walter Chesford, whose son, named John, succeeding his father, married Elizabeth, daughter of --- Holt, of Stably, in Lancashire, and died A. D. 1360.
- Sir ROBERT, a knight, son and heir of John and Elizabeth Lawrence, married Margaret Holden, of Lancashire, by whom he had sons: first, Robert, ancestor of the Lawrences of Standish, Crich Grange and Sevenhampton ; second, Thomas; third, William; fourth, Edmund; — ancestors of other principal branches of the name in England.
- .... etc.
- Elizabeth Holt1
- F, #27926
- Elizabeth Holt married John Lawrence, son of John Lawrence and Margaret Chesford. Elizabeth Holt was born at of Stably, Lancashire, England.
- Family John Lawrence d. 1360
- Sir Robert Lawrence+
- 1.[S8724] Unknown author, Families Directly Descended from all the Royal Families in Europe, by Elizabeth M. Rixford, p. 91.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p930.htm#i27926
Elizabeth Holt 1287 Lancashire, England- 1323 England
Elizabeth is believed to have been surnamed Holt of the Stabley family.
Husband: John Lawrence, Jr., 1st Squire of Ashton Hall c.1280 Lancashire, England-c.1360 Ashton Hall, Lancashire, England
- Robert Lawrence
Elizabeth Lawrence's Timeline
Stabley, Lancashire, England, (Present UK)
Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
Thurnham Parish, Lancashire, England, (Present UK)
Lancashire, England, (Present UK)
Ashton Hall, Lancashire, England