Elizabeth Rogers (Lawson)
|Also Known As:||"Losson"|
|Birthplace:||Virginia, United States|
|Death:||Died in Clay County, Kentucky, United States|
Daughter of Bartholomew "Bart" Lawson and Susanna Lawson
|Managed by:||Michael L Opitz|
Matching family tree profiles for Elizabeth Rogers
About Elizabeth Rogers
- Birth: 1740 - Charlottesville, Albemarle, Virginias
- Death: 1841 - Clay, Kentucky, United States
- Husband: George Rogers
1. George1 Rogers was born in Virginia about 1740.(1) George died 1811 in Buncombe Co, NC, at age 71.
He married Elizabeth Lawson about 1760.(2) Elizabeth was born about 1740 in Charlottesville, VA.
George Rogers and Elizabeth Lawson had the following children:
- William2 Rogers was born 1765.
- Nathaniel Rogers was born in North Carolina about 1769.(3)
- Bartlett Rogers was born in North Carolina 1771.(4) Bartlett died 3 May 1831 in Williamsport, IL, at age 59.(5) He married Elizabeth Robertson.(6) Elizabeth was born around 1771 (if same age as husband). In the 1820 Census, Bartlett was listed as a head of household in Clay Co, KY.(7)
- Mollie Rogers was born about 1773.
- Leanor Rogers was born in North Carolina about 1777.(8) She married James Elkins.(9) James was born around 1777 (if same age as wife).
- Edith Rogers was born about 1783. She married Abel Oxford 25 Dec 1800 in North Carolina. Abel was born about 1780 in North Carolina. Abel was the son of Samuel Oxford Jr. and Bathsheba Barrett. Abel died 25 Dec 1850 in Richland, Washington Co, AR, at age 70.(10)
"III-William Lawson and his mother, Susanna, sold 100 acres of land in Campbell County Virginia on Falling River. ( Campbell Co. was formed from Bedford. Dedford from Lunenberg and Lunenberg from Brunswick in 1746). This land had been willed to Barclay from William Rogers. Barclay and William Rogers were both deceased when the land was sold ( It would seem that there must be a family relationship here. A search of William Rogers might turn up this connection.)"
- Joy Benemann, Descendants of George Rogers (Attachment to email to Ralph D. Clark from Joy Benemann, email@example.com, 10 Mar 1998, Re: George Rogers), (hereafter cited as Benemann, 3/10/98, Descendants of George Rogers).
- Reference: MyHeritage Family Trees - SmartCopy: Dec 6 2016, 19:42:48 UTC
Elizabeth Rogers's Timeline
March 9, 1743
Virginia, United States
Province of North Carolina
Tennessee, United States
Buncombe County, North Carolina, United States
North Carolina, United States
December 25, 1792
Buncombe, North Carolina, USA
Clay County, Kentucky, United States