Elizabeth O'Brien (Seymour)
|Death:||Died in London, Middlesex, England|
|Place of Burial:||Great Billing, Northampton|
Daughter of Charles Seymour, 6th Duke of Somerset and Elizabeth Percy, Duchess of Somerset
|Managed by:||Douglas John Nimmo|
Historical records matching Elizabeth O'Brien
About Elizabeth O'Brien
- 'Lady Elizabeth Seymour1
- 'F, #10674, b. 1685, d. 2 April 1734
- Last Edited=25 Oct 2011
- Consanguinity Index=0.15%
- ' Lady Elizabeth Seymour was born in 1685. She was the daughter of Charles Seymour, 6th Duke of Somerset and Lady Elizabeth Percy.2 She married Henry O'Brien, 7th Earl of Thomond, son of Henry Horatio O'Brien, Lord O'Brien and Lady Henrietta Somerset, on 4 June 1707.1 She died on 2 April 1734 at London, England, without issue.1
- ' Her married name became O'Brien.
- 1.[S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 1291. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 2.[S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- From: http://thepeerage.com/p1068.htm#i10674
- Charles Seymour, 6th Duke of Somerset (13 August 1662 – 2 December 1748), sometimes referred to as the "Proud Duke". The son of Charles Seymour, 2nd Baron Seymour of Trowbridge, and Elizabeth Alington (1635–1692), he succeeded his brother Francis Seymour, 5th Duke of Somerset, to the dukedom when the latter was shot in 1678. He also inherited the title of Baron Seymour of Trowbridge. .....
- Charles and Lady Elizabeth Percy had four children:
- Algernon Seymour, 7th Duke of Somerset (11 November 1684 – 7 February 1749)
- 'Lady Elizabeth Seymour (1685 – 2 April 1734)
- Lady Catherine Seymour (1693 – 9 April 1731)
- Lady Anne Seymour (1709 – 27 November 1722)
- On 4 February 1725 he married the 14 year old Lady Charlotte Finch (1711–1773), daughter of Daniel Finch, 7th Earl of Winchilsea. They had two children:
- Lady Frances Seymour (18 July 1728 – 25 January 1761), married John Manners, Marquess of Granby
- Lady Charlotte Seymour (21 September 1730 – 15 February 1805), married Heneage Finch, 3rd Earl of Aylesford and had issue. .....
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Seymour,_6th_Duke_of_Somerset