Elizabeth Tuley (Floyd)
|Birthplace:||Albemarle, Virginia, USA|
|Death:||Died in Middleton, Jefferson County, Kentucky, United States|
Daughter of William Floyd and Abadiah Floyd
|Managed by:||Kevin Waite|
Matching family tree profiles for Elizabeth Tuley
About Elizabeth Tuley
From Descendants of John Floyd
15. ELIZABETH5 FLOYD (WILLIAM4, JOHN3, CHARLES2, JOHN1) 
- was born Abt. 1749 , and
- died 1833 in Middleton, Jefferson Co., KY ,.
- She married CHARLES TULEY  1767 in Fauquier Co. or Amherst Co., VA ,.
- He was born Abt. 1747 in Fauquier Co., VA ,, and
- died 1787 in Jefferson Co., KY.
Notes for CHARLES TULEY:
The Tuley family is recorded in some detail by William Floyd Tuley, the author of "The Tuley Family Memoirs," New Albany, Indiana, 1906. Their name is pronounced "Twu-ley, not Tooley," that author says. But Tooley is a common spelling in the old records.
Charles's will was either probated or signed March 6, 1787 in Jefferson Co., Ky. Executors: "Alex. Breckenridge, John Tully, Jr." and the witnesses were "Wiliam Floyd and James Floyd." (From Alex Luken and FTM CD#519 Kentucky Records) James? Who is this?
This interesting note:
- From: "Gary Hogue" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: April 11, 2006 3:12:57 AM EDT
- To: VAAMHERS-L@rootsweb.com
- Subject: Re: [VAAMHERS] James Tooley
- Reply-To: VAAMHERS-L@rootsweb.com
"I have done some research on the Tooley, Tuley, Tully family in Amherst County, VA. I'm an indirect relative. Amherst Co. was formed in 1761 from Albemarle Co. Charles and James Tuley had property in Amherst Co. at the time it was formed.
James and Elizabeth Tuley sell land in 1786 in Amherst Co. which they had received by patent in 1747. This may be the same James who appears on land records as James Tuley Sr. & Judey in 1773 and James & Judy C. Tuley in 1779 where in both cases it says “of Albemarle Co. VA.
"Elizabeth Tooley widow of Charles Tooley in 1800 releases rights of 100 acres to John Tooley son & heir of Charles Tooley. (editor -- I have added John as ason based on this.)
.... (and more)
"Also of interest are the Tax Records which start in 1782. Elizabeth Tooley appears on these records in 1782, 1784, & 1786. My guess is that Charles had already passed away (editor: no, he was in Kentucky) as he never appears on any Tax records. Elizabeth has 1 slave, horses and cattle. James Tooley is in the 1783, 1785 and 1786 Tax records with slaves, horses, and cattle. 1786 is when he sells his land in Amherst Co. and then we hear nothing more of him.
John Tooley Sr. is in the Tax records from 1783 thru 1798. John Tooley Jr. (who later becomes Sr.) is in the tax records from 1782 thru 1818. The next John Jr. is in the Tax records in 1805 only. Also in 1805 appears Tandy Tooley who stays until 1826. Tandy's son John md. Nancy Hogue my 2nd great grandaunt.
I hope this may be helpful. Gary W. Hogue"
More About CHARLES TULEY:
- Burial: Floyd's Fork or Middletown, KY105
Children of ELIZABETH FLOYD and CHARLES TULEY are:
- 1. i. JOHN6 TULEY,
- b. Abt. 1770 .
- 2. 30. ii. CHARLES PRESTON TULEY,
- b. 1771, probably Amherst Co., VA;
- d. 1802, Springville, Clark Co., IN.
- 3. 31. iii. WILLIAM FLOYD TULEY,
- b. 1773, Amherst Co., VA;
- d. 02 June 1818.
- 4. 32. iv. SARAH TULEY,
- b. 1774;
- d. 1842.
- 5. v. WYATT PRESTON TULEY ,
- b. 1776 ;
- d. 1827;
- m. (1) MILLICENT STROTHER , 04 December 1801, Jefferson Co., KY;
- b. Abt. 1780 ;
- d. 1820;
- m. (2) JANE WARNER , 1822, New Albany, Floyd Co., IN ;
- b. Abt. 1800 ;
- d. Aft. 1830.
- Notes for WYATT PRESTON TULEY: There is extensive information on this man's descendants in the Tuley book noted op. cit.
- 6. vi. MARY TULEY,
- b. 1777 ;
- m. BENJAMIN CHAMBERS;
- b. Abt. 1770 .
- Notes for MARY TULEY: Migrated to Ky. with her parents, and later on to the Oregon Territory.
- b. Abt. 1770 .
- 7. vii. ROBERT TULEY,
- b. Abt. 1779 .
- 8. viii. JANE TULEY,
- b. Abt. 1781 ,.
Elizabeth Tuley's Timeline
Albemarle, Virginia, USA
Amherst Co., Virginia
Probably Amherst County, Province of Virginia
Amherst County, Province of Virginia
Amherst, Virginia, USA
Middleton, Jefferson County, Kentucky, United States