Elizabeth Hussey (de Berkeley)
|Also Known As:||"Elizabeth Berkeley"|
|Birthplace:||Wymondham, , Leicestershire, England|
|Death:||Died in Sempringham, , Lincolnshire, England|
|Place of Burial:||Monastery, Sempringham, Lincolnshire, England|
Daughter of Thomas Berkeley, of Wymondham and Petronella Berkeley
|Managed by:||Virgil Anthony Renz|
Matching family tree profiles for Elizabeth Hussey
About Elizabeth Hussey
- Elizabeth Berkeley1,2,3,4
- F, #34656, b. circa 1445, d. before 21 December 1504
- Father Thomas Berkeley, Sheriff of Leicestershire2,3,4 b. c 1413, d. May 1488
- Mother Petronella Brooksby b. c 1415, d. 15 Sep
- Elizabeth Berkeley was born circa 1445 at of Wymondham, Leicestershire, England. She married Sir William Hussey, Chief Justice of the King's Bench, son of John Hussey and Elizabeth Sheffield, circa 1464.2,3,4 Elizabeth Berkeley died before 21 December 1504.
- Family Sir William Hussey, Chief Justice of the King's Bench b. c 1443, d. 8 Sep 1496
- Sir John Hussey, Baron Sleaford+ b. 1466, d. 27 Aug 1537
- Mary Hussey5 b. c 1478, d. b 5 Jun 1516
- Elizabeth Hussey6,2,3,4 b. c 1480, d. 19 Nov 1516
- Sir Robert Hussey+7 b. c 1483, d. 20 May 1547
- 1.[S10726] Unknown author, The Hussey Connection to the Plantagenet Lineage, by Roy Leggitt.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 281.
- 3.[S6] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry: 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 110.
- 4.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 133.
- 5.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. XII/2, p. 671.
- 6.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. VII, p. 168.
- 7.[S31] Unknown author, Wikipedia.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1154.htm#i34656
- Elizabeth BERKELEY
- Born: ABT 1443
- Died: BEF 21 Dec 1504
- Buried: Sempringham, England
- Father: Thomas BERKELEY of Wymondham
- Mother: Petronella BROOKSBY
- Married: William HUSSEY (Sir Knight)
- 1. John HUSSEY (1º B. Hussey of Sleaford)
- 2. Mary HUSSEY
- 3. Elizabeth HUSSEY (C. Kent)
- 4. Gilbert HUSSEY
- 5. Robert HUSSEY
- 6. Thomas HUSSEY
- Source: *From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/BERKELEY1.htm#Elizabeth%20BERKELEY1
- Sir William Hussey (or Huse or Husee), SL (1443 – 8 September 1495) was an English judge who served as Chief Justice of the King’s Bench.
- Hussey was born at Gray's Inn, Holborn, London, Middlesex, England, the son of John Hussey of Sleaford, and Elizabeth Noffield. ....
- About 1474 Hussey married Elizabeth Berkeley (c. 1453 - 1504), daughter of Thomas Berkeley of Wymondham, Leicestershire, and Petronella Brooksby. They had five sons, and two daughters:
- Elizabeth Hussey (d. Ampthill, 19 November 1516, bur. Warden Abbey); married Richard Grey, 3rd Earl of Kent
- Gilbert Hussey
- Thomas Hussey
- John Hussey, 1st Baron Hussey of Sleaford (1476–1537); married Margaret Blount; married Anne Grey
- Robert Hussey of Linwood (1483 - 20 May 1546), from whom descend the Hussey family of Honnington, Leicestershire (see Hussey Baronets); married Anne Saye
- Mary Hussey (1484); married William Willoughby, 11th Baron Willoughby de Eresby
- William Hussey; married Anne Salvin
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Hussey_(judge)
- HUSSEY, Sir John (1463/65-1537), of Sleaford, Lincs.; Dagenham, Essex and London.
- b. 1463/65, 1st s. of Sir William Hussey of Sleaford and Dagenham by Elizabeth, da. of Thomas Berkeley of Wymondham, Leics., bro. of William Hussey I. m. (1) by Aug. 1492, Margaret (d. June 1509), da. and h. of Simon Blount of Mangotsfield, Glos., at least 2s. inc. William Hussey II; (2) Anne, da. of George Grey, 2nd Earl of Kent, at least 1s. Thomas II 4da., 1 other s. suc. fa. 8 Sept. 1495. Kntd. 17 June 1497, banneret 1513; cr. Lord Hussee or Husey, adm. Lords 1 Dec. 1529.4
- From: http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1509-1558/member/hussey-sir-john-146365-1537
- HUSSEY, William I (by 1473-?1531), of London; Sleaford, Lincs.; North Duffield, Yorks. and Calais.
- b. by 1473, 2nd s. of Sir William Hussey of Sleaford and Dagenham, Essex by Elizabeth, da. of Thomas Berkeley of Wymondham, Leics., bro. of Sir John. educ. ?G. Inn. m. by Aug. 1503, Anne, da. and h. of Sir John Salveyn of Thorpe, Yorks. at least 1s. Kntd. 25 Sept. 1513.2
- From: http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1509-1558/member/hussey-william-i-1473-1531
Elizabeth Hussey's Timeline
Wymondham, , Leicestershire, England
Linwood, Lincolnshire, England
December 6, 1504
Monastery, Sempringham, Lincolnshire, England
December 21, 1504
Sempringham, , Lincolnshire, England