About Emanuel (Enoch) Buck
Emanuel (Enoch) Buck was born 1623  in Norfolk Co., England and died abt 1706 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT? 
Birth 1621 England Death 1700 Wethersfield, Hartford County, Connecticut, USA Burial Wethersfield Village Cemetery Wethersfield, Hartford County, Connecticut, USA Memorial ID 13692209
Parents: not known; they are also the parents of siblings Grace & Henry Buck. 
- ABT 1648 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT to Sarah RYLEY b: ABT 1625 in England and died abt 1657 in Wethersfield, CT. 
- on 17 APR 1658 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT to Mary ARNOLD b. abt 1636 and died ? 
- bef 1667 to Mary KIRBY b: ABT 1645 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT?
Children of Emanuel Buck and Sarah Ryley:
- Ezekiell BUCK b: 15 JAN 1650/51 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT
- John BUCK b: 30 NOV 1652 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT
- Jonathan BUCK b: 8 APR 1655 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT
Children of Emanuel Buck and Mary Arnold:
- Mary BUCK b: 1 JAN 1659 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT
Children of Emanuel Buck and Mary Kirby:
- David BUCK b: 3 APR 1667 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT
- Sarah BUCK b: 1 APR 1669 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT
- Hannah BUCK b: 12 APR 1671 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT
- Elizabeth BUCK b: 4 JUN 1676 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT
- Thomas BUCK b: 10 JUN 1678 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT
- Thomas BUCK b: EST 1678
- Abigail BUCK b: 1 AUG 1682 in Wethersfield, Hartford, CT
- From American Genealogist, CT 4 #7, Page 170-171
Emanual Buck was sometimes recorded as Enoch Buck and there is still no better explanation of this dual name than that given by Mr. Jacobus (TAG, supra, 10:32)
The probable explanation is that he was actually christined Emanuel; this name (meaning "God with us") was understood to refer to Christ, and was considered to sacred by the Puritans for application to a man. So for common use, Emanuel adopted the name of Enoch, but in legal documents often used his leagal name or the combination "Emanual Alias Enoch."
Emanuel alias Enoch was born about 1621 (he deposed 23 June 1695 aged 74), married, first about 1648-9 Sarah Riley who died probably between 1655 and 1657; second (rec. Westerfield), 17 April 1758, Mary, surname not stated in the record, who was however, daughter of John Arnold of Hartford. Mary (Arnold) Buck having died before 22 Aug 1664, when John Arnold mentioned his grasndchild without naming the mother, Emanuel married, third, by 1666, Mary Kirby, daughter of John Kirby of Middletown, formerly of Wethersfield. Emanual Buck awas alive of Nov 1704, but probably died by 11 Sep 1707 (see Manwaring) ). His widow died in Wehtersfield 17 Jan 1712.
- In Harvey's Buck family history Emmanuel was described as having a mercurial temperament while his brother Henry was said to have an even temperament. He was a miller by trade. Harvey tells us he used the names Emmanuel and Enoch interchangeably. Torrey indicates he died in 1706. Samuel Buck writes that he was a millwright, miller, blacksmith, and farmer all necessarily combined in those early times (p. 50)
- Harvey also says that he took the name Enoch when he was admitted to the church. Emmanuel was granted a home lot in Wethersfield in 1648. He became a freeman 21 May 1657. Between 1649 to 1684 he became the owner of considerable land at Wethersfield.
- Enoch Buck was three times married -- first to Saray Ryley about 1648 of whom we will read more below. After her death he married Mary Arnold 17 Apr 1658 in Wethersfield, Connecticut and third before 1667 Mary Kirby. In some records the two Marys were combined, but later study revealed two wives named Mary.
- Harvey indicated of Enoch's 10 children the records of Wethersfield, CT and vicinity make no further mention of John, Thomas, Mary, Sarah, Hannah, Elizabeth and Abigail. Recitals in an old deed indicate that Jonathan was married and lived on a tract of land adjoining his brother Ezekiel, but whether he left issue does not appear. It appears that Thomas grew to be an adult as he inherited property from his grandfather John Kirby. He likely married, but no definite wife or family have been identified.
On page 202 - Genealogies and Biographies of Ancient Wethersfield:
"In 1649 the Town gave Enock Buck 2 acres of land for a homestead there; it was a triangular piece, bordered "W. by Leonard Dix's no - lot; S. By Thos. Curtis; N. by highway to Hartford; E.; 'comes to a point about 5th part in Curtis' fence. In 1681, Isaac Curtis rec'd in the dist. of his father's estate "the homelot by Enock Buck's."
- BANFILL-BUCK-HAWKINS-PIKE-PERRINE Change Date: 4 Jan 2007
- Torrey - New England Marriages Prior to 1700
- Origin, history, and genealogy of the Buck family; including ... branches in America ... descendant of James Buck and Elizabeth Sherman, his wife (1889)
- Buck, Albert H. The Bucks of Wethersfield, Connecticut And the Families With Which They Are Connected by Marriage: a Biographical And Genealogical Sketch. Roanoke, Va.: Stone Printing and Manufacturing Co., 1909.
- The Buck Family
-  The initial Torrey New England marriages prior to 1700 lists (1623, 1621-1706) as birth and death dates. Harvey lists birth year as 1623 finding in records he was 61 in 1684. Haskell Venard in the American Genealogist, v. 44, p. 168, indicates he was deposed 13 June 1695 giving has age as 74.
-  Emanuel Buck was alive on 21 Nov 1705 but probably dead by Sept 1707. Torrey.
-  Torrey gives last name as [Riley?]/Arnold and indicates birth of first child in 1650; Emanuel's 2nd marriage listed as 1658.
-  Samuel Buck indicates that it is quite certain that Emanuel's first wife was Sarah, Sister of John Ryley, formerly of Norfolk, England as he calls him brother in his will of May 13, 1674.
-  Torrey's Supplement indicates the name of his 2nd wife was Mary Arnold ( -before 1664) m. 17 Apr 1658 Wethersfield; reference as the American Genealogist v. 44, p. 169 the date is . Per Barbour Wethersfield records list Mary [ ] Apr 17, 1658
-  The Bucks Family website has parents listed as William Buck (1585-1658) and Unknown http://www.cregojones.com/Buck.html
CAME TO AMERICA IN 1635, MARRIED SARAH RYLEY IN 1645. MADE FREEMAN 10/11/1669, A CONSTABLE AND SELECTMAN FROM 1650
Emanuel (Enoch) Buck's Timeline
January 15, 1650
Wethersfield, Hartford County, Connecticut Colony, (Present USA)
November 30, 1652
Wethersfield, Hartford County, Connecticut
April 8, 1655
Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
January 1, 1658
Wetherfield, Hartford, CT, USA
April 1, 1659
April 3, 1667
Wethersfield, Hartford, CT, USA