|Birthplace:||Carrington, Cheshire, England, (Present UK)|
|Death:||Died in England, (Present UK)|
Daughter of Sir John Carington, of Carington and Isabel Carrington
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Emma Carrington
- Emma Carrington1,2,3,4
- F, #20020
- Father Sir John Carrington2,3,4 d. 1446
- Mother Isabel (Elizabeth) de Beeston3,4 b. c 1391, d. 17 Oct 1455
- Emma Carrington married Randle Brereton, Esq., son of Sir Randle Brereton and Katherine Bulkeley; They had 4 sons (Sir Randle; Ralph, Esq; Bartholomew; & John) and 1 daughter (Ellen, wife of Nicholas Bruyn).2,3,4 Emma Carrington was born at of Carington, Cheshire, England.2
- Family Randle Brereton, Esq. d. 16 Jun 1536
- Sir Randle Brereton, Chamberlain of Chester+2,3,4 d. 1531
- Ralph Brereton, Esq.+5,6,4,7 b. c 1460
- Eleanor Brereton+2 b. c 1500, d. 3 Nov 1567
- Elizabeth Brereton+8 b. c 1505
- 1.[S6190] Unknown author, Lineage and Ancestry of HRH Prince Charles by Paget, Vol. II, p. 417, 483.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 151.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 308.
- 4.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 521.
- 5.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 162.
- 6.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 343.
- 7.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 584.
- 8.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, Family History Archives, SLC.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p667.htm#i20020
Looks like Sir John Carington of Carington was son of George Carington of Carington, son of William. _______________________________
- Breretons of Cheshire, 1100 to 1904 A. D (1904)
- Sir Randle de Brereton II., of Ipstone and Malpas, married Joanna, daughter of William Holford. By her he had two sons : 1, Randle Brereton, founder of the Eccleston and Wettenhall branch : 2, Owen Brereton, of Bar Hill, the ancestor of Brereton of Coddington. His second wife was Katherine, daughter of William Butheley, of Eaton, Cheshire. By her he had three sons: 1, Randle, his heir, of Ipstone and Malpas; 2, Ralph Brereton, of Iscoyd Castle, Shropshire, who had one daughter, wife of John Holford ; 3, Bartholomew Brereton, of Grafton, who had three sons : a, Bartholomew ; b, John ; c, Humphrey, of Malpas, the historian of the War of the Roses.
- Randle Brereton III., of Ipstone, died in Burgundy, France. His wife was Emma, daughter and heiress of John Carington, of Carington. By her he had two sons and two daughters : 1, Randle, his heir; 2, Humphrey, of Malpas; 3, Ellen, wife of Nicholas Bruyn, of Tarwin, Cheshire ; 4, Eleanor, wife of Philip de Egerton, afterwards wife of Sir William de Brerton IX., of Brereton.
- Sir Randle Brereton IV., of Ipstone and Malpas ; Chamberlain of Chester 1506 to 1532; Knight of the Body to Henry VII. and Henry VIII. ; made a Knight Banneret by Henry VIII., at Boulonge, for Terrouenne and Tournay ; built the Brereton Chapel in Malpas Church in 1522, in which he was buried in 1532. He married Eleanor, daughter of Sir Piers Dutton, of Halton Castle, Cheshire. By her he had nine sons and three daughters: 1, Randle, his heir; 2, Richard, founder of the Tatton branch ; 3, John, founder of the Norfolk branch ; 4, Thomas ; 5, Peter ; 6, Roger, founder of the Halton branch ; 7, William, succeeded his father as Chamberlain of Chester ; was beheaded by Henry VIII. with Queen Anne Boleyn, in 1536; 8, Robert; 9, Urian, founder of the Handford branch. The daughters were : 1, Anne, wife of John Harcourt ; afterwards was wife of John Pershall, of Hordesley ; 2, Elizabeth, wife of Richard Cholmondeley ; afterwards was wife of Randle Mainwaring, of Over Peevor, Cheshire; 3, Jane, wife of Sir Thomas Hanmer, of Hanmer, Flintshire. (See Burosham branch).
- Sir Randle Brereton V., of Ipstone, Malpas and Shocklach, married Eleanor, daughter of Sir Philip Egerton, of Egerton. By her he had one child, Anne, wife of Randall Dod, of Edge. His second wife was Izabel, daughter of Thomas Butler, of Bewsey. By her he had one son, Randle, his heir, and one daughter, Elizabeth, wife of James Starkey, of Darley.
- The visitation of Cheshire in the year 1580 (1882)
- Brereton of Malpas. Chart Pg.43-44
- Randoll Brereton second sonne to Sr Wm Brereton of Brereton = . . . . d. to . . . . Ipstons of Ipstons in Comitatu Staff.; ch: William (m. _ Wyld), Sr Randoll of Ipstones and Mallpas. Brereton.
- Sr Randoll Brereton of Ipstones and Mallpas. = ; ch: Randoll (m. Emma Carington) Brereton
- Randoll Brereton. = Emma Heiress to John Carington of Carington.; ch: Sr Randoll (m. Elenor Dutton) Brereton.
- Sr Randoll Brereton of Mallpas was made Knight Banerett at the Siege of Tirwin and Tourney and was after Chamberlaine of Chester. = Elenor d. to Piers Dutton of Dutton [In a later hand.]; ch: Sr Randoll (m. Elenor Egerton & Isabell Butler, Sr Ric., John, Tho. (a Preist), Peter (a Preist), (Pg.44 Sr Roger (m. Katherine Brereton), Wm. (m. Elizabeth Somerset), Rob't, Sr Urian, Elenor (m. Sr William Brereton), Jane (m. Sr Jn0 Hanmer), Anne (m. Jn0 Harcourt & Jn0 Persall), Elizabeth (m. Rich. Cholmeley) Brereton.
- Emma Carrington[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
- Born Abt 1470 of, Carrington, Bowdon, Cheshire, England
- Father John Carrington, b. Abt 1430, of, Carrington, Bowdon, Cheshire, England
- Family Sir Randel Brereton, Baronet, b. Abt 1450, of, Malpas, Cheshire, England , d. Aft 1531, Burgundy, , France
- 1. Sir Randel Brereton, Baronet, b. Abt 1450, of, Malpas, Cheshire, England , d. 1531
- 2. Ralph Brereton, b. Abt 1450, of, Is-coed, Malpas, Flintshire, Wales
- 3. Humphrey Brereton, b. Abt 1500, of, Malpas, Cheshire, England
- 4. Barclen Brereton, b. Abt 1450, of, Grafton, Tilston, Cheshire, England
- 5. Ellen Brereton, b. Abt 1500, of, Malpas, Cheshire, England
- 6. Eleanor Brereton, b. Abt 1500, of, Malpas, Cheshire, England , d. 3 Nov 1567
- 1.[S2436] #4569 Welsh Genealogies AD 1400-1500 (1983), Bartrum, Peter C. (Peter Clement), (18 volumes, with supplements containing additions and corrections. Aberystwyth: National Library of Wales, 1983), FHL book 942.9 D2bw., vol. 2 p. 279.
- 2.[S1506] #560  The History of the County Palatine and City of Chester (1882), Ormerod, George, (2nd edition. 3 volumes. London: G. Routledge, 1882), FHL microfilms 496,910, 547,521 and 824,313-824,31., vol. 2 p. 377, 686;.
- 3.[S610] #2142 The Visitation of Cheshire in the Year 1580 ... (1882), Rylands, J. Paul (John Paul), (London: [s.n.], 1882.), FHL microfilm 162,051 item 2., vol. 18 p. 43;.
- 4.[S2693] #710 Collections for a History of Staffordshire (1880-), Staffordshire Record Society, (Annual periodical. Birmingham: William Salt Archaeological Society, 1880-), FHL book 942.46 B4sc., vol. 1 p. 301, 305 ped. chart;.
- 5.[S1096] #798 The Wallop Family and Their Ancestry (1928), Watney, Vernon James, (4 volumes. Oxford: John Johnson, 1928), FHL book Q 929.242 W159w; FHL microfilm 1,696,491 ., p. 136;.
- 6.[S1657] #1274 A History of the Ancient Parish of Leek in Staffordshire, Including Horton, Cheddleton and Ipstones (1883), Sleigh, John, (London: Demrose & Sons, 1883), FHL microfilm 476,966 item 3., p. 208;.
- From: https://histfam.familysearch.org/getperson.php?personID=I37853&tree=Welsh
- Randle Brereton of Malpas
- m. Alice Ipstones (dau of William de Ipstones)
- 1. Randle Brereton of Ipstones & Malpas
- m. Katherine Bulkeley (dau of William Bulkeley of Eaton)
- A. Randle (Randoll) Brereton
- m. Emma (heir of John Carington of Carington)
- i. Sir Randle Brereton of Ipstones, Shoclach and Malpas (a 1522, Chamberlain of Chester)
- m. Eleanor Dutton (dau of Piers Dutton of Hatton)
- a. Sir Randle Brereton of Shoclach and Malpas
- The following is supported by Visitation (Cheshire, 1613, Brereton of Chester).
- m1. Elenor Egerton (dau of Phillip Egerton of Olton)
- (1) .... etc.
- m2. Isabel or Elizabeth Butler (dau of Thomas Butler of Bewsey)
- (2) .... etc.
- ii. Ralfe Brereton of Iscoed or Iscoid probably of this generation
- a. Margery Brereton
- m. Sir John Holford
- iii. Humfrey Brereton of Malpas probably of this generation
- a. Emme Brereton (coheir)
- m. John Dod of Edge (a 1485)
- partner(s) unknown
- B. .... etc.
- Main source(s): BEB1841 (Brereton of Honford (both main & supplement)), Visitation (Cheshire, 1580 & 1663, Brereton of Malpas) with support/input as reported above
- From: Stirnet.com
Emma Carrington's Timeline
Carrington, Cheshire, England, (Present UK)
Brereton, Cheshire, England
Brereton, Cheshire, UK
England, (Present UK)