Emma Jane Risien (Lellyet)
|Birthplace:||Havant, Hampshire, England|
|Death:||Died in At Sea - Titanic Casualty|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Historical records matching Emma Jane Risien
About Emma Jane Risien
Births Jun 1848 conflicting date of birth
- Lellyett Emma Jane Havant 7 93
- Name: Mrs Emma Risien (née Lellyet)
- Age: 58 years
- Married to Samuel Risien.
- Last Residence: in London London England
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 364498 , £14 10s
- Destination: Groesbeck Texas United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mrs Samuel Beard Risien (Emma Lellyet), was originally from Durban, South Africa where her family had an interest in diamond mines. Late in 1910, Emma made a journey to Durban with her husband Samuel Beard Risien (1), they stayed for about 14 months. It was for their return home that they boarded the Titanic at Southampton as third class passengers.
Emma and Samuel Risien both died in the disaster. Their bodies, if recovered, have never been identified.
1. Until her death Samuel Risien had been married to Emma's sister Mary Lellyet.
- Daisy Bostick, USA (granddaughter-in-law of Samuel B. Risien)
- Laura Myhre, USA (great-great-granddaughter of Samuel B. Risien)
- Rosa Bostick Risien (daughter-in-law of Samuel B. Risien)
- Phillip Gowan USA
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mr Samuel Beard Risien
"Samuel Beard Risien and his wife Emma, from Texas, USA, were on their way home, after spending about 14 months in Durban, visiting relatives. They were 3rd Class passengers and did not survive. After the death of his first wife, Mary Louise Lellyet, Samuel married her sister Emma, of Durban, South Africa. There were no children of the second marriage."