Matching family tree profiles for Emma Plantagenet
About Emma Plantagenet
Emma d'Anjou, Princess of Wales
- The Peerage: Emma Plantagenet was the daughter of Geoffrey V Plantagenet, Comte d'Anjou et Maine and Matilda 'the Empress' of England.1
- She married Guy de Laval, Sire de Laval.2
- She married Dafydd ap Owain, Prince of East Gwynnedd, son of Owain ap Gruffyd, King of Gwynedd and Cristin ferchGoronwy, in 1175.3 She died before 1214.4 Illegitimate.3
- Medlands: Emma d’Anjou ’’she had only one husband’’ m () DAFYDD I Prince of Gwynedd, son of OWAIN King of Gwynedd & his second wife Crisiant of Deheubarth (-1203).
- Euweb: E4. [illegitimate] Emma d'Anjou, *after 1128; m.Guy V, sire de Laval /OR m.ca VII.1174 David I, Pr of Gwynedd (She was an illegitimate daughter of GEOFFROY V Plantagenet, Cte d'Anjou.
- Myheritage https://www.myheritage.com/names/emma_plantagenet
- WikiTree Emme (Plantagenet) of Anjou before 1151 - about 1214
From Medlands: Comte Geoffroy had three illegitimate children by Mistresses (1) to (3): 6. EMMA d´Anjou A manuscript entitled "De Origine Comitum Andegavensium" records that "Gaufridus Plantagenet Comes Andegavensium" had an illegitimate daughter "Emmam quam David Norwallensium Princeps". The Chronicle of the Princes of Wales records that "king David married dame Emma the sister of the king of England" in 1175. The Testa de Nevill includes a writ of King John dated 1212 which records that "Emma quondam uxor David Regis Wallie" was granted "manerium de Hales" in Shropshire by King Henry II. m (1174) DAFYDD I Prince of Gwynedd, son of OWAIN King of Gwynedd & his second wife Christina of Deheubarth (-1204).
The Peerage: Emma Plantagenet1
F, #104744, d. before 1214
Last Edited=10 May 2003
Emma Plantagenet was the daughter of Geoffrey V Plantagenet, Comte d'Anjou et Maine and Matilda 'the Empress' of England.1 She married Guy de Laval, Sire de Laval.2 She married David ap Owen, Prince of East Gwynnedd, son of Owain Gwynedd (?) and unknown (?).2 She died before 1214.3
- [S106] Royal Genealogies Website (ROYAL92.GED), online <ftp://ftp.cac.psu.edu/genealogy/public_html/royal/index.html>. Hereinafter cited as Royal Genealogies Website.
- [S11] Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Family: A Complete Genealogy (London, U.K.: The Bodley Head, 1999), page 57. Hereinafter cited as Britain's Royal Family.
- [S11] Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Family, page 54.