Matching family tree profiles for Captain Ernest Gray Lambton Cochrane RN
About Captain Ernest Gray Lambton Cochrane RN
Captain Hon. Ernest Grey Lambton Cochrane was the son of Admiral Thomas Cochrane, 10th Earl of Dundonald and Katherine Frances Corbet Barnes.
He was born on 4 June 1834. He and Adelaide Blackall, daughter of Samuel Wensley Blackall and Catherine Bond, were married on 15 September 1864.
On 16 October 1866 he married Elizabeth Frances Maria Katherine Doherty, daughter of Richard Doherty.
He gained the rank of Captain in the service of the Royal Navy and also held the office of High Sheriff of County Donegal in 1879. He was a Justice of the Peace (J.P.) for County Donegal.
He held the office of Deputy Lieutenant (D.L.) of County Donegal.
Captain Hon. Ernest Grey Lambton Cochrane and Elizabeth Frances Maria Katherine Doherty had the following children:
- Elizabeth Rosetta Stewart Cochrane who was born on 19 Oct 1867
- Thomas Alfred Dundonald O'Degherty Cochrane who was born on 23 Sep 1868
- Richard Francis Ernest Cochrane 18 Sep 1873 - 16 Feb 1959
- Adelaide Maria Cochrane 19 Oct 1874 - 16 Nov 1958
- Frances Katherine Cochrane 8 Nov 1875 - May 1951
- Ernest Algernon Cochrane 11 May 1877 - 16 Sep 1959
- Blanche Edith Cochrane who was born on 4 Oct 1879
- Horace Egerton Cochrane Egerton Cochrane 16 Mar 1883 - 1 May 1959
- Mabel Alice Maria Cochrane 6 Mar 1884 - 3 Feb 1931
He died on 2 February 1911 at age 76.
Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, volume 1, page 1229