Historical records matching Sir Erskine Arthur Nicholson, 3rd Baron Carnock, DSO
About Sir Erskine Arthur Nicholson, 3rd Baron Carnock, DSO
Sir Erskine Arthur Nicolson, 3rd Baron Carnock gained the rank of Captain in the service of the Royal Navy.
- He fought in the First World War.
- Decorated with
- the award of Officer, Order of the Crown of Italy
- the award of Legion of Honour.
- the award of Order of St. Anne of Russia (3rd Class with swords).
- the award of Companion, Distinguished Service Order (D.S.O.) in 1919.
He succeeded to the title of 13th Baronet Nicolson, of Carnock, co. Stirling [N.S., 1637] on 3 May 1952 and gained the title of 3rd Baron Carnock, of Carnock, co. Stirling [U.K., 1916] on 3 May 1952.
He held the office of Justice of the Peace (J.P.) for Devon.
Royal Navy Officers 1899-1919
- First name(s) Erskine Arthur
- Last name Nicolson
- Birth year 1884
- Rank Captain (Retired), Commander, Lieutenant
- Country United Kingdom
- Birth date 26 Mar 1884
- Enrollment date 15 Jan 1899
- Archive reference ADM196/49
Sir Erskine Arthur Nicholson, 3rd Baron Carnock, DSO's Timeline
March 26, 1884
July 10, 1920
January 18, 1925
October 2, 1982
Devon, England UK