About Ezekiel Nye
Served in the Revolutionary War
- Descriptive list of men raised in Plymouth County in 1779 to serve in the Continental Army; age 16 years; stature 5' 4"; complexion light; engaged in town of Rochester.
- List of nine month's men; Captain Woodbridge's company entered service 7/14/1779; discharged 4/14/1780.
- Descriptive list of men raised to reinforce the Continental Army for the term of 6 months, agreeable to resolve of 6/5/1780, received of Justin Ely, Commissioner, by Brigadier-general Glover, at Springfileld, 7/10/1780; age 17 years; stature 5' 5"; complexion dark; engaged for Rochester; marched to camp 7/10/1780, under command of Captain Daniel Shay.
- List of men raised for the 6 months service and treturned by Brigadier-general Patterson as having passed muster in a return dated Camp Totoway, 10/25/1780.
- Pay roll for 6 months men raised by the town of Rochester for service in the Continental Army during 1780; marched 7/6/1780; discharged 12/12/1780; service 5 months, 18 days, including travel (240 mi) from camp to home.
- Private, Captain Ignatius Loring's company, Lieutenant-colonel Putnam's regiment; enlisted 9/4/1781; discharged 12/8/1781; service 3 months, 17 days, 12 days (240 mi) travel included; company raised in Plymouth County to reinforce the army under General Washington for 3 months.
- Matross; pay roll for wayges of men enlisted at Dartmouth in Captain Perez Cushing's company, made up to 9/22/1778, excluding the month of August, enlisted 5/1/1778; service 3 months, 21 days, roll endorsed "Colonel Craft's regiment."