Felice Drury (Denston)
|Birthplace:||Besthrope, Norfolk, England|
|Death:||Died in Hawstead, Suffolk, England|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Felice Drury
About Felice Drury
- Felice Denston1,2,3
- F, #35632
- Father William Denston2,3
- Felice Denston married Roger Drury, Esq., son of Nicholas Drury and Joan Heath.2,3 Felice Denston was born at of Besthorpe, Norfolk, England.
- Family Roger Drury, Esq. d. 31 Jan 1494
- Sir Robert Drury, Speaker of the House of Commons+2,3 b. c 1455, d. 2 Mar 1536
- William Drury4,5 b. c 1457
- Felice Drury4,5 b. c 1459
- Katherine Drury+4,5 b. c 1461
- John Drury4,5 b. c 1463
- Roger Drury4,5 b. c 1465
- 1.[S10977] Unknown author, The History of the Family of Drury, p. 100, 101; Wallop Family, p. 286.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 276.
- 3.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 472.
- 4.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, Family History Archives, SLC.
- 5.[S10974] Unknown author, History of the Family of Drury, p. 100, 101.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1187.htm#i35632
- Roger DRURY of Hawstead
- Died: 31 Jan 1493/4
- Notes: he gave Besthorpe to his second son, William.
- Father: Nicholas DRURY of Thurston
- Mother: Joan HEATH
- Married 1: Agnes ?
- Married 2: Felice DENSTON (dau. and heir of William Denston of Besthorpe and Anne Calthorpe)
- 1. John DRURY
- 2. William DRURY of Besthorpe (Sir)
- 3. Roger DRURY
- 4. Felice DRURY
- 5. Catherine DRURY
- 6. Robert DRURY of Hawstead (Sir)
- Married 3: Agnes HANNINGFIELD (d. ABT 1501) (dau. of William Hanningfield of Lawshall) (w. of John Palgrave)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/DRURY.htm#Roger DRURY of Hawstead1
- DRURY, Sir Robert I (by 1456-1535), of Hawstead, Suff. and London.
- b. by 1456, 1st s. of Roger Drury of Hawstead by Felice, da. and h. of William Denston of Besthorpe, Norf. educ. ?Gonville, Camb.; L. Inn, adm. 1473. m. (1) by 1494, Anne, da. of Sir William Calthorpe of Burnham Thorpe, Norf., 2s. Sir William and Sir Robert II 4da.; (2) by 1531, Anne, da. of Edward Jerningham of Somerleyton, Suff., wid. of Lord Edward Grey (d. by 1517), ?of one Berkeley, and of Henry Barley (d. 12 Nov. 1529) of Albury Herts., s.p. suc. fa. 30 Jan. 1496. Kntd. 17 June 1497.1
- From: http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1509-1558/member/drury-sir-robert-i-1456-1535
- Sir Robert Drury, (before 1456–2 March 1535), knight, (knighted by Henry VII of England after the battle of Blackheath, 17 June 1497) and Lord of the Manor of Hawstead, Suffolk, was Knight of the Body to Kings Henry VII and Henry VIII, Knight of the Shire for Suffolk, Speaker of the House of Commons [elected 4 October 1495], and Privy Councillor. He was also a barrister-at-law. His London townhouse was in Drury Lane.
- Robert Drury, born before 1456 at Hawstead, Suffolk, was the eldest of four sons of Roger Drury (d.1496) of Hawstead, Suffolk, by his second wife Felice Denston, daughter and heiress of William Denston of Besthorpe, Norfolk. .... etc.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Drury_(speaker)
- from "Suffolk manorial Families", Vol. 1, pt. 9, 1899 by Joseph James Muskett.
- Drury of Hawstead.
- Nicholas Drury of Saxham's in Thurston, made will, Arch. Sudb., at Bury St. Edmunds, 4 Jan. 1454, proved 2 Sept. 1456. To be buried near his parents in Thurston church. Names Sir Roger Drury, his late brother; Felice, wife of his son, Roger Drury, &c. = Joan, dau. of Thomas Heath, Esq., of Mildenhall.; ch: Roger (m. Agnes _ & Felice Denston & Agnes Hanningfield), Elizabeth (m. _ Monk), Henry (m. Elizabeth Eaton) Drury.
- Roger Drury, Esq., bought Hawstead, 3 Edw. 4. Will, Cur. Ep. Norw., 20 Jan. 1493. Inq. p.m. 13 H. 7. Ob, 31 Jan. H. 7. = Agnes, named in husband's M.I. = Felice, dau. & heir of William Denston of Besthorpe, co. Norfolk.; ch: Felice (m. Jas. Andrews), John, Roger, William (m. Margaret Briggs), Sir Robert (m. Anne Calthorpe & Anne Jerningham), Katherine (m. Sir Henry L'Estrange & Sir Robert Ratcliff) Drury.
- Sir Robert Drury of Hawstead, of the Privy Council of King Henry VII. Will, P.C.C. 32 Hogan, 8 Feb. 1535. Inq. p.m. 27 H. 8, Altar tomb in St. Mary's, Bury. = Anne, 1st wife, dau. of Sir William Calthorpe of Burnham Thorpe, co. Norff., who made will, Cur. Ep. Norw., 1491. Harl. MS. 10.; ch: Bridget (m. Sir John Jernegan), Sir Wm. (m. Joan St. Maur & Elizabeth Sotehill), Anne (m. Sir George Waldegrave & Sir Thomas Jermyn), Elizabeth (m. Sir Philip Boteler), Sir Robert (m. Elizabeth Brudenell), Ursula (m. Sir Giles Allington) Drury.; = Anne, 2d wife, dau. of Edward Jerningham of Somerleyton; widow of Lord Edward Grey and of . . . Berkeley. She m. 4th Sir Edmund Walsingham of Scadbury. Her will, P.C.C. 17 Chaynay, is dated 1 Mar. 1568.
- Sir Wm. Drury of Hawstead, of the Privy Council of Queen Mary; aet. 36, 27 H. 8. Brass at Hawstead. Will, P.C.C. 26 Dec. 1557. = Joan, 1st wife, dau. and heir of Sir Wm. St. Maur; buried in Hawstead chancel; d. 1517.; = Elizabeth, dau. and coh. of Henry Sotehill of Stoke Faston, co. Leic. Ob. 19 May 1575. His Inq. p.m. 20 H. 7. His mother a coheir of Plompton. Her will, P.C.C. 42 Pyckering, proved 1575.; ch: Anne (m. Sir Christopher Haydon), Mary (m. Richd. Corbet & John Tyrrell), Robert (m. Audrey Rich), Henry (m. Elizabeth Isaac), Frances (m. James Hobart), Bridget (m. Henry Yelverton) Dorothy (m. Robert Rokewood), Elizabeth (m. Sir Robert Drury of Rougham) Drury.
Felice Drury's Timeline
Besthrope, Norfolk, England
Besthorpe, Norfolk, England
Besthorpe, Attleborough, Norfolk, England
January 12, 1523
Hawstead, Suffolk, England