Matching family tree profiles for Frances Hungerford
view all 18
About Frances Hungerford
- Frances Hungerford1
- F, #231097, d. between 19 November 1696 and 4 May 1697
- Last Edited=27 Aug 2009
- Frances Hungerford was the daughter of Anthony Hungerford.1 She married Sir William Wyndham, 1st Bt., son of Sir John Wyndham and Catherine Hopton, circa 21 April 1656.1 She died between 19 November 1696 and 4 May 1697.1
- From circa 21 April 1656, her married name became Wyndham.1
- Children of Frances Hungerford and Sir William Wyndham, 1st Bt.
- 1.Elizabeth Wyndham+1
- 2.Sir Edward Wyndham, 2nd Bt.+2 b. c 1667, d. c Jun 1695
- 1.[S15] George Edward Cokayne, editor, The Complete Baronetage, 5 volumes (no date (c. 1900); reprint, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 1983), volume III, page 238. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Baronetage.
- 2.[S37] See link for full details for this source. Hereinafter cited as. [S37]
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p23110.htm#i231097
- OTHER REFERENCE LISTS HER MOTHER AS RACHEL JONES
- Frances Hungerford1
- F, #112836, b. circa 1635, d. after 19 November 1686
- Father Anthony Hungerford1 b. c 1606, d. 18 Aug 1657
- Mother Sarah Jones1 b. c 1605, d. Jan 1679
- Frances Hungerford was born circa 1635 at of Farleigh Castle, Farleigh Hungerford, Wiltshire, England.1 A settlement for the marriage Frances Hungerford and Sir William Wyndham was made on 21 April 1656.1 Frances Hungerford died after 19 November 1686.1 She was buried before 4 May 1697 at St. Decumans, Somersetshire, England.1
- Family Sir William Wyndham b. c 1633, d. 29 Oct 1683
- Elizabeth Wyndham+1 b. c 1657
- 1.[S31] Unknown author, Wikipedia.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p3757.htm#i112836
- Sir William Wyndham, 1st Baronet (ca. 1632 – 29 October 1683) was an English politician who sat in the House of Commons at various times between 1656 and 1679.
- Wyndham was the eldest son of John Wyndham of Orchard Wyndham, Somerset and his wife Catherine Hopton, daughter of Robert Hopton of Witham, Somerset. His father was one of the nine sons of Sir John Wyndham (1558-1645). He succeeded his father in 1649 when he was a student of Lincoln's Inn and travelled abroad from 1650 to 1653.
- In 1656, Wyndham was elected Member of Parliament for Somerset in the Second Protectorate Parliament. He was elected MP for Taunton 1659 in the Third Protectorate Parliament. In 1660 he was elected MP for Taunton again in the Convention Parliament. He was knighted by 24 August 1660. In 1661 he was re-elected MP for Taunton for the Cavalier Parliament. He was created baronet of Orchard, Somerset on 9 December 1661. 
- He was appointed High Sheriff of Somerset for 1679–80.
- Wyndham married Frances Hungerford, daughter of Anthony Hungerford of Farleigh Castle, Somerset on 8 June 1653 and had five sons and six daughters.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_William_Wyndham,_1st_Baronet
- WYNDHAM, William (c.1632-83), of Orchard Wyndham, St. Decuman's, Som.
- b. c.1632, 1st s. of John Wyndham of Orchard Wyndham by Catherine, da. of Robert Hopton† of Witham Friary, and coh. to her bro. Sir Ralph Hopton†, 1st Baron Hopton of Stratton; bro. of Thomas Wyndham II. educ. L. Inn 1649; travelled abroad 1650-3. m. 8 June 1653, Frances, da. of Anthony Hungerford of Farleigh Castle, Som., 5s. (3 d.v.p.) 6da. suc. fa. 1649; kntd. by 24 Aug. 1660; cr. Bt. 9 Dec. 1661.1
- From: http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1660-1690/member/wyndham-william-1632-83
- Anthony HUNGERFORD
- Died: 18 Aug 1657, Farleigh Castle
- Notes: also a royalist died at Farleigh in 1657. His son, Sir Edward - said to have entertained Charles II at Farleigh in Sep 1683. Edward was known as 'The Spendthrift' it is said he wasted £80,000 in capital and spent around £14,000 a year. He was forced to sell Farleigh in 1686 and died in 1711. At this time, Farleigh was described as virtually unchanged from the time of the great English Barons, but by 1701, a long process of decay had begun to take its toll.
- Father: Anthony HUNGERFORD (Sir Knight)
- Mother: Sarah CROUCH
- Married: Rachel JONES (d. Jan 1679) (dau. of Rice Jones)
- 1. Edward HUNGERFORD (Sir) (b. 20 Oct 1632 -d. 1711) (m.1 Jane Culme - m.2 Jane Digby - m.3 Jane Hele)
- 2. Anthony HUNGERFORD (b. 1634 - d. 7 Jun 1703)
- 3. Sarah HUNGERFORD (m. John Carew of Anthony)
- 4. Margaret HUNGERFORD
- 5. Giles HUNGERFORD
- 6. Mary HUNGERFORD
- 7. Frances HUNGERFORD
- 8. Rachel HUNGERFORD
- 9. Catherine HUNGERFORD
- 10. Elizabeth HUNGERFORD
- 11. Lucy HUNGERFORD
- 12. Diana HUNGERFORD
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/HUNGERFORD.htm#Anthony HUNGERFORD3
Frances Hungerford's Timeline
Orchard Wyndham, Williton, Somersetshire
Orchard, Somersetshire, England
November 19, 1696