Frances Hobart (Peyton)
Daughter of Sir John Peyton, MP, 1st Baronet Peyton of Isleham and Alice Peyton (Osborne)
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Frances Hobart
- 'Frances Peyton1
- F, #175577
- Last Edited=19 Mar 2006
- ' Frances Peyton is the daughter of Sir John Peyton, 1st Bt. and Alice Osborne.1 She married Sir Miles Hobart, son of Sir Henry Hobart, 1st Bt. and Dorothy Bell.1
- ' Her married name became Hobart.
- 'Child of Frances Peyton and Sir Miles Hobart
- 1.Sir John Hobart, 3rd Bt.+1 b. 20 Mar 1627/28, d. 22 Aug 1683
- 1.[S15] George Edward Cokayne, editor, The Complete Baronetage, 5 volumes (no date (c. 1900); reprint, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 1983), volume I, page 13. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Baronetage.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p17558.htm#i175577
- Peyton, of Iselham, co. Cambridge (E Baronet, 1611 - ?1720/1840)
- Sir John Peyton, 1st Bt.
- 2nd surv. son and heir of Robert Peyton, of Iselham, co. Cambridge, by his wife Hon Elizabeth Rich, 5th dau. of Thomas [Rich], 1st Baron Rich
- born c. 1560
- mar. 9 Jun 1580 Alice Osborne (bapt. 4 Mar 1562/3; d. between 29 Jan 1625/6 and 6 Dec 1626; bur. at Iselham, co. Cambridge), 1st dau. of Sir Edward Osborne, Lord Mayor of London 1583, by his wife Anne Hewett, dau. and hrss. of Sir William Hewett, Lord Mayor of London 1559
- 1. Sir Edward Peyton, 2nd Bt.
- 2. John Peyton (dsp.)
- 3. Robert Peyton
- 4. William Peyton, of Warlingworth, mar. Tabitha Payne, dau. of Henry Payne, of Walthamstow, co. Essex, and had issue: ....
- 5. Roger Peyton
- 6. Thomas Peyton
- 1. Anne Peyton (bur. 27 Sep 1640 at Ryburgh, co. Norfolk), mar. as his first wife Sir Robert Bacon, 3rd Bt., of Ryburgh, co. Norfolk, and had issue
- 2. Alice Peyton, mar. her cousin Sir John Peyton, of Dodington
- 3. Elizabeth Peyton, mar. Sir Anthony Irby MP, of Boston, co. Lincoln, Sheriff of Lincolnshire (bapt. 19 Jan 1576/7; d. 1632), and had issue
- 4. Mary Peyton, mar. Sir Roger Meres, of Hoghton, and had issue
- 5. Susan Peyton (bur. 20 Apr 1660), mar. bef. 14 Nov 1618 Sir John Brewse, of Little Wenham, co. Suffolk (bapt. 30 Jun 1597; bur. 9 Feb 1642/3), and had issue
- ' 6. Frances Peyton, mar. Sir Miles Hobart, of Plumstead, co. Norfolk (b. 12 Apr 1595; bur. 6 Dec 1639 in St Paul's, Covent Garden), 2nd surv. son of Sir Henry Hobart, 1st Bt., of Blickling, co. Norfolk, and had issue
- bur. 19 Dec 1616 at Iselham, co. Cambridge
- created 22 May 1611 a Baronet of England, styled "of Iselham, co. Cambridge"
- suc. by son
- note Sheriff of Cambridgeshire 1593-94; Member of Parliament for Cambridgeshire 1593 and 1604-11; knighted 1596
- From: http://www.cracroftspeerage.co.uk/online/
- From: Stirnet - 'Hobart1'
- Sir Henry Hobart, 1st Bart of Blickling Hall (d 26.12.1625, Chief Justice, Attorney General - continued above
- m. (21/2.04.1590) Dorothy Bell (d 04.1641, dau of sir Robert Bell of Beaupre Hall)
- 1. Sir John Hobart, 2nd Bart of Blickling (b. 19.04.1593, d 20.04.1647, 2nd son)
- m1. Philippa Sydney (d 24.09.1620, dau of Robert Sydney, Earl of Leicester)
- issue etc. ....
- m2. (02.1621 Frances Egerton (d 27.11.1664, dau of John Egerton, Earl of Bridgewater)
- B. Philippa Hobart (dsp bur 19.01.1654-5)
- m. Sir John Hobart, 3rd Bart of Blickling (bpt 20.03.1627/8, d 22.08.1683) just below
- ' 2. Sir Miles Hobart of Plumstead (b 12.04.1595, bur 06.12.1639)
- ' m. Frances Peyton (d 1631, dau of Sir John Peyton, 1st Bart)
- A. Sir John Hobart, 3rd Bart of Blickling (bpt 20.03.1627/8, d 22.08.1683)
- m1. Philippa Hobart (dsp bur 19.01.1654-5, dau of Sir John Hobart, 2nd Bart of Blickling) just above
- m2. (o6.1656) Mary Hampden (before 02.05.1689, dau of John Hampden of Hampden)
- i. ..... etc. ....
- From the book, "A genealogical and heraldic History of the extinct and dormant Baronetcies of England, Ireland and Scotland," By John Burke:
- Pg. 410
- 'Frances Peyton, daughter of Sir John Peyton, 1st Baronet Peyton of Isleham, died unmarried.