|Birthplace:||Woodbridge, Middlesex County, Province of East Jersey|
|Death:||Died in Woodbridge, Middlesex County, Province of East Jersey|
|Managed by:||Dinah Patrice Sanders|
About Francis Fitzrandolph
- 'The Descendants of Edward Fitz Randolph and Elizabeth Blossom 1630 - 1950
- 1. EDWARD1 FITZ RANDOLPH, baptised at Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England, July 5, 1607; emigrated in 1630 to Scituate, Mass.; died in Piscataway, N. J. about 1684-5. He married May 10 1637 [1,2], ELIZABETH BLOSSOM, born in Leyden, the Netherlands, in 1620. She married second June 30, 1685, Capt. JOHN PIKE, and died in Woodbridge or Piscataway in 1713.
- Children, born in Barnstable, Mass.:
- 5. JOHN FITZ RANDOLPH (1), bap. Oct. 7, 1653 at Barnstable, Mass.; died 1727 at Belvedere, N. J.; admr. granted June 9, 1727. He married at Piscataway, N. J., Oct. 1, 1681, SARAH BONHAM born Feb. 16, 1664/5 at Barnstable, died 1737/8 at Belvedere. She was a daughter of Nicholas and Sarah (Ruller) Bonham, and a granddaughter of Samuel Fuller who came over on the Mayflower. Administration on her estate was granted Jan. 16, 1738.
- John Fitz Randolph was on of the 17 original members of the "Old First Day Church," Seventh Day Baptists, in 1688/9.
- Children, born in Piscataway, N. J. :
- i. SARAH, b. April 25, 1682; often said to have married JONATHAN SMALLEY, but an old Bible records shows he married Sarah Bird. .
- ii. ELIZABETH, b. Feb. 18, 1683/4; died in Piscataway before 1707.
- ' iii. FRANCIS, died in Piscataway before 1687.
- iv. TEMPERANCE, b. Nov. 20, 1685; died in Piscataway Dec. 27, 1685.
- 18. v. TEMPERANCE, b. June 15, 1687.
- 18. TEMPERANCE3 FITZ RANDOLPH (5), born June 15, 1687 at Piscataway; married* about 1703 JOHN MARTIN, b. Dec. 29, 1683 at Piscataway, son of Thomas and Rebecca (Higgins) Martin.
- *Did she marry second Joseph Manning, b. Mar. 4, 1672, son of Jeffrey and Hepzibah (Andrews) Manning? Ed.
- 19. vi. JOHN, b. Nov. 2, 1693
- 'An American Family History
- Sarah Bonham Fitz Randolph was born on February 16, 1664/65 in Barnstable, Barnstable County, Massachusetts. Her parents were Nicholas Bonham and Hannah Fuller.
- She married John Fitz Randolph on October 1, 1681 in Piscataway. John was born on October 7, 1653 in West Barnstable. He was the son of Edward Fitz Randolph and Elizabeth Blossom. The Bonham and Fitz Randolph families were close neighbors in Barnstable and John was an early member of the First Baptist Church of Piscataway.
- John was a large landowner and in 1707 was one of the original members of the Seventh Day Baptist Church.
- Their children were Sarah Fitz Randolph (1682), 'Francis Fitz Randolph (1682)', Elizabeth Fitz Randolph (1683), Temperance Fitz Randolph (1685), Temperance Fitz Randolph (1687). John Fitz Randolph (1693), and Edward Fitz Randolph (1698).
- John died in 1685. Mayflower Families says that on June 26, 1685 the widow Elizabeth Fitz Randolph of Piscataway deeded land to her son John Fitz Randolph.
- Sarah died in 1737 in Belvedere, New Jersey. On January 16, 1738 administation of the estate of widow Sarah Fitz Randolph was granted to John Fitz Randolph.