About Gavriel (Gabi) Salomon
Gavriel Salomon (born 1938) is an Israeli educational psychologist who has conducted research on cognition and instruction, in particular the cognitive effects of media's symbol systems, transfer of learning, and the design of cognitive tools and technology-afforded learning environments. He is a Professor Emeritus in the department of education at the University of Haifa.
Awards and honours
- In 1993–1994, Salomon occupied the Cleveringa Chair at Leiden University, The Netherlands.
- In 2001, he received the Israel Prize, for education.
- He has also received the Sylvia Scribner Award from the American Educational Research Association.
- In 2006, he was elected as fellow of the International Academy of Education.
- In 2011, he received "Peter-Becker-Preis für Friedens und Konfliktforschung", the highest award for Peace and Conflict Studies in Germany.
About גבריאל סלומון (עברית)
גבריאל סלומון (נולד ב-12 באוקטובר 1938) הוא פרופסור אמריטוס בפקולטה לחינוך שבאוניברסיטת חיפה. סלומון הוא חתן פרס ישראל (התשס"א) לחקר החינוך