|Also Known As:||"Joseph", "Yate", "Yates"|
|Birthplace:||Ufton Court, Buckland, Berkshire, England|
|Death:||Died in All Hallows Parish, Anne Arundel County, Province of Maryland, Colonial America|
Son of John Yeats, I and Mary Elizabeth Yeates (Tattershall)
|Occupation:||Land surveyor-Fought indians of Eastern Shore MD|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for George Yeats
About George Yeats
- 'George Yeats1
- M, b. circa 1640, d. 6 June 1691
- Father John Yeats1 b. 10 Jan 1612, d. b 1654
- Mother Mary (Elizabeth) Tattershall1 b. c 1613
- ' George Yeats was born circa 1640 at of Buckland, Berkshire, England.1 He immigrated in 1665 to Anne Arundel, MD.1 He married Mary Wells, daughter of Richard Wells and Frances White, in May 1672 at Anne Arundel, MD. George Yeats died on 6 June 1691 at All Hallows Parish, Anne Arundel, MD.
- 'Family Mary Wells b. c 1641, d. 21 Jan 1699
- ◦George Yeats+ b. 1674, d. 13 Sep 1717
- 1.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 790.
Known children: John, Elizabeth, Ann, George.
Came to Maryland prior to 1664, settling in Ann Arundel. It is on record he was chosen a Juror of the Provincial Court, March 2, 1664. He was a cousin of Jerome White, the Surveyor General of the Province of Maryland, who appointed him one of the Deputy Surveyors of the Lord Proprietor; he served in this office until 1684, and was called "The Great Provincial Surveyor." In 1683 he served on a commission to lay out the towns of Maryland. He had three children, John, George II, and Anne.
George Yates I was born in England, arrived in the U.S. by 1640 and was descended from Emperor Charlemagne and several Magna Carter Sureties
George Yeats's Timeline
Buckland, Berkshire, England
South River Hundred, Anne Arundel County, Province of Maryland, Colonial America
Calvert County, Province of Maryland
South River Hundred, Anne Arundel County, Province of Maryland
June 6, 1691
All Hallows Parish, Anne Arundel County, Province of Maryland, Colonial America