George Penn, Capt.
|Birthplace:||Caroline Co., VA.|
|Death:||Died in Fluvanna, VA, USA|
Son of George Penn, Jr. and Ann Penn
|Managed by:||Joe Martin Conlon|
Matching family tree profiles for George Penn, Capt.
About George Penn, Capt.
Daughter of American Revolution Notes: WE DO NOT KNOW THE NUMBER, NAMES, OR ORDER OF THE PATRIOT'S SPOUSES AND THEREFORE CANNOT ASSIGN CHILDREN TO ANY ONE OF THEM. UNTIL ADDITIONAL INFO IS PROVIDED THE MOTHER OF ALL CHILDREN SHOULD BE XX.
The Will of George Penn
(Will Book 3, p267, Amherst County, VA, filed 5 Feb 1790)
In the name of God Amen. I, George Penn of Amherst County, being weak of body but sound mind and memory. . . .
- Item: I' give unto my daughter Frankey Burton, two Negroes, Peter and Jude, and one feather bed which she has now in possession to her and her heirs forever.
- Item:I give unto my daughter, Molly Harrison, two Negroes, Simon" and Virgin, and one feather bed which she has in possession. . . .
- Item: I give unto my daughter Nancy Savage [bold emphasis added], two Negroes, Candis '& Davey, and one feather bed the feather bed and Negro Candis she has now in her possession, the other at my decease. . . .
- Item: I give to my daughter Lucy Penn, two Negroes, Moses and Rachel, and one feather bed and furniture. . . .
- Item: I give unto my daughter Sally Penn, two negroes, Charlotte and Betty and one feather bed and furniture. . . .
- Item: I give unto my son William Penn, two Negroes, Henry & Rose, and one feather bed and furniture, the bed and furniture and negro Henry he has at present. . . .
- Item: I give to my son George Penn, two Negroes, Diner 'and Sam, with one feather bed and furniture, the negro Diner and feather bed he has already. . . .
- I give to my son Wilson Penn, two Negroes, Ben 'and Lucy, and one feather bed and furniture. . . .
- Item: I give unto my son Thomas Penn, two negros, Sampson 'and Delf, and one feather bed and furniture. . . .
- Item: I give unto my son Moses Penn, two negroes, Adam 'and Hanner, & one feather bed and
furniture. . . .
Item: It is my will and desire that whatever negroes I may die possessed of not already bequeathed be equally divided between my ten children. . . . Item: I give to my son Moses Penn my riding horse and saddle. . . . Item: I give to my daughter Lucy Penn the next choice beast out of my estate and saddle. . . . Item: I give unto my daughter Sally Penn, the next choice beast out of my estate and saddle. . . . Item: It is my will and desire that my Executor hereafter named do dispose of all my personal estate not already bequeathed which I may die possessed of not already or heretofore bequeathed on twelve months tender for the best price that can be had and the money arising from such sale to be applied to the discharging all my just debts after which the balance of money arising from such sale to be equally divided between my five sons. . . .Item: It is my desire that the land whereon I now live with the appurtenances be sold by my Executor on twelve months credit and the money arising from such sale to be equally divided between my five sons. . . .Item: Lastly I do appoint my sons William Penn, George Penn, Wilson Penn and Thomas Penn, and my friend David S. Garland, executors to this my last will land testament. . . .
up-dated 05 aug 2008 TGS / NN JRTM
William PENN b. c. 1766 m. 25 DEC 1787 s/o George \\Jr.\\ PENN & Elizabeth LEE m. Martha STOVALL b. c. 1768
m. (1) Sarah Lee, (2) Mary (Lee) Waldon.
re: Joe Conlon < geni] sib: Frances, William, Abraham, Gabriel Fleming, Moses and Phillip
Vol V File 3: The Genealogy of Genevieve Simmons James:
________ "Penn Pals", Vol 1, Issue 3, pg. 3-4.
________ "Hairstons and Penns and Their Families"
________ "Illinois State Genealogical Quarterly", Vol 1, 9, and 10.
Barker, Lucretia, "History of Cedar Mountain"
Hill, L. R. (Editor), "A History of Greater Dallas and Vicinity", Vol II, Selected Biography and Memoirs, Lewis Publishing Co., Chicago, Illinois (1909), pg. 218.
Hazel, Michael, "Putting Down Roots: The Penns and Their Farmstead," Heritage News of the Dallas County Heritage Society," Fall 1985, pp. 6-10. Hazel - Curator of Education, Dallas Co Heritage Soc.
Miniard, Bettye Jo., Personal genealogical records.
_____ "History of Duncanville"
George Penn, Capt.'s Timeline
December 12, 1737
Caroline Co., VA.
Virginia, United States
Amherst, VA, United States