|Also Known As:||"Gilbert "fitz Maldred" Hansard"|
|Birthplace:||Hurworth-On-Tees & Evenwood, Durham, England|
|Death:||Died in Sedgefield, County Durham, England, United Kingdom|
Son of Gilbert Hansard and Joan de Stuteville
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Gilbert Hansard
Gilbert Hansard b ca.1178 - d ca.1223
- Birth: between 1175 / 1178 - Hurworth On Tees Evenwood, Durham, England
- Parents: Gilbert Hansard; Joan de Stuteville, widow FitzDolfin
- Wife: unknown; possibly a daughter of Geoffrey de Neville
- Death: conflict: dead in 1223  / July 1242 - Hurworth On Tees Evenwood, Durham, England
AKA: Gilbert "FitzMaldred" Hansard
- John born abt 1205. Married Maud.
- Alice born 1206. Married 1) Brian fitz Alan of Bedale 2) William le Latimer
- Gilbert born 1208 in Evenwood, Durham, England. Married an unknown woman
Gilbert probably came of age before 22 September 1199, when King John confirmed to Gilbert son of Gilbert Hansard and his heirs all the lands held by his father, namely, the gift of Hugh Bishop of Durham of the vills of Evenwood, Morley, Walworth, Kimblesworth, Blacktoft and Hook, Hornby and Irby. The gift of William Ingram, the vill of Welbury. The gift of Adam de Montbegon of land in Kelsey, Thornton and Bestrope. The gift of Jordan Hairun and Agnes his wife of the vill of Hurworth and the vill of Chereton. The gift of William Vesci and John constable of Chester of the vills of Worsall, Landmoth and all the Elmdens. The gift of William de Vesci of the services of Robert Escolland. The gift of the abbot and convent of Thornton of 4 bovates in Kelsey. The gift of Hugh fitz Pinchun of land in Durham. .
Gilbert was alive in 1221 when he presented to the rectory of Thornton- le-Moor, Lincolnshire, but was dead in 1223 .
The name of his wife is not known. He had at least one son, John.
- Farrer, William & Charles Travis Clay, Early Yorkshire Charters (Edinburgh: Ballantyne, Hanson & Co., 1914-), 5:203, Family History Library, 942.74 R2f. William Farrer, Early Yorkshire Charters, Vol. 2 (Edinburgh: 1915) p. 279n
- Cokayne, George Edward, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct, or Dormant (London: St. Catherine Press, 1910.), 5:639d, Los Angeles Public Library, 929.721 C682. Vol. 5, p. 393, note (d)
- Pipe Roll Society, Vol. 35, J.H. Round, Rotuli de Dominabus et Pueris et Puellis de XII Comitatibus, 1185 (1913) p. 5
- Thomas Duffus Hardy, Rotuli Chartarum in Turri Londinensi Asservati, Vol. 1 (London: 1837) p. 23
Gilbert Hansard's Timeline
Hurworth-On-Tees & Evenwood, Durham, England
Hurworth On Tees Evenwood,,Durham,England
Evenwood, Durham , England
Sedgefield, County Durham, England, United Kingdom