Godard Adriaan van Reede
|Also Known As:||"Heer van Amerongen"|
|Birthplace:||Kasteel Amerongen, The Netherlands|
|Death:||Died in Copenhagen, Capital Region of Denmark, Denmark|
Son of Godard van Reede, heer van Amerongen and Anna van Boetzelaer van Toutenburg
|Occupation:||Ambassador to England and Denmark|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Godard van Reede , 1st Baron van Reede
About Godard van Reede , 1st Baron van Reede
About Godard Adriaan van Reede
- Godard Adriaan van Reede, 1st Baron van Reede was born on 6 January 1621 at Castle Amerongen, Amerongen, The Netherlands.
- He married Margaretha Turnor, daughter of George Turnor and Salomé van Meetkercken, on 29 August 1643 at Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- He died on 9 October 1691 at age 70 at Copenhagen, Denmark.
- He gained the title of Lord of Ginkel [United Provinces].
- He held the office of Ambassador to England.
- He held the office of Ambassador to Denmark.1 He gained the title of Lord of Lievendaal [United Provinces].
- He gained the title of Lord of Amerongen [United Provinces].1 He gained the title of Lord of Middachten [United Provinces]. He was created 1st Baron van Reede [Denmark] on 25 May 1671
His father also Godard (1593-1641) left a debt of 100.000 Dutch guilders,the marriage to the older Margaretha Turnor solved the financial problems as she inherited money and a collection of paintings from Jacques Wijtz (1580 - 1643) who is said to be her natural father.