Historical records matching Godard van Reede , 1st Baron van Reede
About Godard van Reede , 1st Baron van Reede
About Godard Adriaan van Reede
- Godard Adriaan van Reede, 1st Baron van Reede was born on 6 January 1621 at Castle Amerongen, Amerongen, The Netherlands.
- He married Margaretha Turnor, daughter of George Turnor and Salomé van Meetkercken, on 29 August 1643 at Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- He died on 9 October 1691 at age 70 at Copenhagen, Denmark.
- He gained the title of Lord of Ginkel [United Provinces].
- He held the office of Ambassador to England.
- He held the office of Ambassador to Denmark.1 He gained the title of Lord of Lievendaal [United Provinces].
- He gained the title of Lord of Amerongen [United Provinces].1 He gained the title of Lord of Middachten [United Provinces]. He was created 1st Baron van Reede [Denmark] on 25 May 1671
His father also Godard (1593-1641) left a debt of 100.000 Dutch guilders,the marriage to the older Margaretha Turnor solved the financial problems as she inherited money and a collection of paintings from Jacques Wijtz (1580 - 1643) who is said to be her natural father.
Stamboom nr. : 6.540.
Generatie : 13.
Godard van Reede , 1st Baron van Reede's Timeline
January 6, 1621
June 4, 1644
Amerongen, Utrecht, Netherlands
October 9, 1691
Copenhagen, Capital Region of Denmark, Denmark
Amerongen, Utrechtse Heuvelrug, Utrecht, Netherlands