About Gauzlin I, seigneur du Maine
Gauzlin Ier du Maine https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauzlin_Ier_du_Maine
There appear to be problematic loops / merges /splits /duplicates being made on the RORICON I to III & the GOSLIN I to III lines because of same name ancestors. As far as I can see, and I've included the references below - it should look like this below.
If you disagree with the data, please contact us and enter your references below, so we can get it right together:
As a ‘starting off’ point, this is how it seems at the moment (December 2010) – Thanks, Sharon Doubell:
5. GOZLIN III (c860-907/914) m GODEHILDE CAROLINGIAN (c865)
4. Gozlin III was the son of RORICON III (c833-865), who had a sister BILICHILDE ii (832-858)
3. Roricon III & Bilichilde ii's parents were RORICON II (c808-858) m BILICHILDE i (c810)
2. Roricon II's parents were RORICON I (c770) m ROTRUDE CAROLINGIAN (c775 -6/6/1810)
1. Roricon I's parent was GOSLIN I (c740)
2. Goslin I's other son - ie Roricon I's brother - was GOSLIN II (c775-826) m ADELTRUDE CAROLINGIAN (c790)
3. Goslin II and Adeltrude had a son: DONALD, Count of Melun (c810-<860)
Note: a. The Roricons I to III seem to get mixed because the Bilichilde mother and daughter (wife & sister) get conflated. b. The Gozlins I to III seem to get conflated because Gozlin III is not in the direct line from Gozlin II, but comes through the 3 Roricons. (Also Roricon II has a brother Goslin (804) who doesn't have a number - possibly dying young?) c. Adeltrude Carolingian and Rotrude Carolingian appear to become conflated, and I'm still unsure that the data we are using here is the correct version of that.
Gauzlin I, seigneur du Maine's Timeline
Maine, Charente, Poitou-Charentes, France
June 16, 839