Matching family tree profiles for Grace Baker
About Grace Baker
Nicholas Baker born 1611 Scotland, married (1) ? ? (2) 29 April 1662 Grace (_____) Dipple [Hingham Hist 2:17, citing an unknown source], who survived him. (Her daughter, Grace Dipple, married at Scituate on 16 April 1666 Joseph Webb of Boston.)
Rev. Baker in his will, dated 15 June 1678 and proved 29 October 1678, noted:
- Mr. Nicholas Baker, pastor of a Church of Christ at Scittuate," bequeathed "unto Grace my beloved wife, in the consideration of her singular and extraordinary love & faithfulness in the discharge of her duty unto me and my children, ... all that which was her own before marriage with me, everything only the Great Cyprus Chest which I give to her during her natural life only," also household goods and livestock for her maintenance, also "the one half of that my dwelling house which is in Hull ...."
- "to my wife's grandchild Mary Webb after my wife's decease the Cyprus Chest"
- "my beloved wife Grace executrix and my eldest son Samuell Baker as joint executor"
- Genealogical record Rev. Nicholas Baker (1610-1678) and his descendents by Fred A. Baker.Published 1917 by The author in Detroit, Mich . Page 12
- Seventeenth Century Hull, Massachusetts, and Her People, Ethel Farrington Smith.
- Anderson, Robert Charles; George F. Sanborn; and Melinde Lutz Sanborn. The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England, 1634-1635. (NEHGS, 1999-2011).