|Also Known As:||"Gertrude", "Jans"|
|Birthplace:||Oldenburg, Holstein, Denmark|
|Death:||Died in Newtown, Long Island|
|Managed by:||Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Bur...|
About Grietje Jansen
Spelling of her name has been;
Children of Laurens Duyts and Grietje Jans
- Catreyn; Duyts b. 10 Mar 1667
- Jannetje Duyts
- Cornelius Duyts
the latter two have been from GENI profiles.
Grietje Jans married Laurens Duyts on 1 January 1666 at the Reformed Dutch Church, Bergen, Hudson County, New Jersey.1
- 1.[S540] Bergen Reformed Dutch Church Marriage Records: 1 January 1666 - Laurens Duyts & Grietje Jans
Married 1 Jan 1665/66 Bergen, NJ Laurens Duyts, b. 1610, Fredrickstadt, Holstein Province, Denmark Children
- Catreyn ( Duyts) Dye, b. Abt 14 Apr 1667, Bergen, Bergen Co, NJ
- Jannetje (Duyts) Dye
- Cornelius (Duyts) Dye
no sources listed for her nor any parentage.
1. Dye family & Relatives (Denmark Roots) dating back to 1590 , http://familytrees.genopro.com/RobertDye/default.htm?page=Dey-Rachel-ind01099.htm.
"Geertje was born on April 14th, 1622.
Geertje Jansen was also known as Gertrude Jansen.
Geertje's father was Jan Aartse and her mother was Kijsie Pieters. She had a sister named Ytie. She was the younger of the two children. She died at the age of 39 in 1661.
Geertje and Laurens were married in a religious ceremony on January 1st, 1666. in Bergen County, New Jersey.
- Catreyn was born on April 14th, 1667. Bergen, New Jersey. She died at the age of 94 on April 14th, 1761."
Jan Parcell was born at Huntingdonshire, England. Jan married 2nd Ytie Jans (?) on 16 July 1659. Jan was first married with two sons: Thomas & Jan. Jan made his will on 7 May 1677 at Newtown, Queens County, Long Island, New York. Jan departed this life on Friday, 7 May 1677 at Newtown, Queens County, Long Island, New York.
Children of Jan Parcell and Ytie Jans (?)
- William Parcell b. circa 1660 at Dutch Kills, Queens County, Long Island, New Netherlands
- Catherine Parcell b circa 1662 at Dutch Kills, Queens County, Long Island, New Netherlands