Gunnar Rambo (Mattson)
|Birthplace:||Degerfors, västerbotten, Sverige|
|Death:||Died in New Sweden Colony, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Gunnar Rambo
About Gunnar Rambo
Gunnar Mattson was the Ancestor of
Gunnar Rambo, born January 6, 1649, died January 1724 at the age of 75 at "Matzong" in Upper Merion township of present Montgomery County, Pa.
Married Anna Cock (daughter of Peter Cock)
Had nine children. Details:
1. GUNNAR RAMBO, Peter's eldest son, was born 6 Jan 1648/49 and married ANNEKA COCK in 1670. Anneka was born about 1652, a daughter of Peter Larsson and Margaret (Lom) Cock and a sister of Maria and Brigitta Cock who married Gunnar's younger brothers Anders [#5] and John [#6]. (The Cock family is given at the end of this chapter.) Gunnar Rambo was a large land owner and occupied a prominent place in the affairs of the province. He was a member of the first grand jury under William Penn, a peacemaker for Philadelphia County in 1684, and a member of the Pennsylvania Provincial Assembly in 1685. Gunnar and his family belonged to Gloria Dei church at Wicaco, and in 1684 he and his brother Peter Jr. [#3] made a voluntary contribution of 30 guilders for the support of Rev. Jacob Fabritius. The 1697-98 roll of the Swedes on the Delaware prepared by Andreas Rudman [#42], pastor of the Gloria Dei Church, listed eight of the nine children in the family and their ages. Gunnar Rambo died in Upper Merion Township in January 1724 at the age of 75. His wife predeceased him. Gunnar and Anna had the following children:
- 11. JOHN RAMBO, Jr., b. ca 1673, d. ca 1746, m. 1) Anna Laicon, 2) Sarah (?)
- 12. PETER RAMBO, b. ca 1678, d. Jul 1753, m. ?
- 13. GUNNAR RAMBO, b. ca 1680, d. 1717-1724, unmarried
- 14. ANDERS RAMBO, b. ca 1682, d. 3 Jul 1755 unmarried
- 15. MNS RAMBO, b. ca 1684, d. Apr 1760, m. Catharina Boon
- 16. BRIGITTA RAMBO, b. ca 1685, m. Matthias Holstein
- 17. GABRIEL RAMBO, b. ca 1687, d. ca Nov 1734, m. Christian (?)
- 18. MATTHIAS RAMBO, b. ca 1690, d. before 1724
- 19. ELIAS RAMBO, b. ca 1693, will proved 1 Oct 1750, m. Maria Van Culen
The RAMBO FAMILY TREE Preliminary CD. 19 October 2011 Five Volumes: Descendants of Peter Gunnar Rambo On the web and available on CD By Beverly Nelson Rambo and Ronald Stephen Beatty.