Hannah Hill (Twitchell)
|Birthplace:||Dorchester, Suffolk County, Massachusetts|
|Death:||Died in Medway, Norfolk County, Massachusetts|
Daughter of Benjamin Twitchell, Sr. and Mary Twitchell (Riggs)
|Managed by:||Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. C...|
Matching family tree profiles for Hannah Hill
About Hannah Hill
- Hannah Twitchell1
- F, #162171, b. 6 September 1660, d. 1690
- Father Benjamin Twitchell2 b. c 1627, d. 1681
- Mother Mary Riggs3 b. 1632, d. 30 Oct 1694
- Hannah Twitchell was born on 6 September 1660 at Dorchester, Suffolk, MA.1 She married Samuel Hill, son of John Hill and Hannah Johnson, on 4 November 1679 at Medfield, Norfolk, MA.1,4 Hannah Twitchell died in 1690 at Medway, Norfolk, MA.4
- Family Samuel Hill b. c 1656, d. 24 Mar 1723
- Capt. Ephraim Hill+1 b. 5 Nov 1688, d. 18 Apr 1760
- [S11597] Ancestry.com, Submitted by nnh11.
- [S14] Unknown author, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, by Clarence Almon Torrey., p. 761. Also see 3rd Supplement of Torrey which says he was born about 1627 and died in 1681.
- [S14] Unknown author, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, by Clarence Almon Torrey., p. 761. Also see 3rd Supplement of Torrey which says she was christened in 1632 and died in 1694, p. 259.
- [S14] Unknown author, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, by Clarence Almon Torrey., p. 372.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p5399.htm#i162171
- TWITCHELL, Hannah
- b. 6 SEP 1660 Dorchester, Suffolk, Mass.
- d. 8 OCT 1723 Medway, Norfolk, Mass.
- Father: TWITCHELL, Benjamin
- Mother: RIGGS, Mary
- Marriage: 4 NOV 1679 Medfield, Norfolk, Mass.
- Spouse: HILL, Samuel
- b. 1654 Medfield, Norfolk, Mass.
- d. 24 MAR 1722/3 Medway, Norfolk, Mass.
- Father: HILL, John
- Mother: PARMELEE, Hannah
- HILL, Samuel
- HILL, Sarah
- HILL, Ephraim
- HILL, Jonathan
- HILL, Hannah
- HILL, Maria
- HILL, Dorothy
- HILL, Lydia b. 8 MAY 1701 Medway, Norfolk, Mass.
- HILL, Rachel
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_271.htm#52
- New England families, genealogical and memorial: a record of the ..., Volume 4 edited by William Richard Cutter
- Pg. 2020
- (I) John Hill, of Dorchester, wa a proprietor of that town in 1633. There is no doubt that he came from England, but little concerning his life is now available. He was a member of the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company of Boston, and died May 31, 1664. His wife Frances was admitted to the Dorchester church before 1639. . . . . She married (second) Jonas Austin, and removed to Taunton, being dismissed from the Dorchester church June 28, 1674; she died at Dorchester, November 18, 1676. Children: 1. John, mentioned below. 2. Frances. 3. Jonathan, baptized August 12, 1640; removed to Bridgewater. 4. Mary, married, April 12, 1656, Thomas Breck, of Sherborn. 5. Samuel, baptized 1638, died young. 6. Samuel, born 1640. 7. Hannah, born 1641; removed to Taunton. 8. Mercy, born January 8, 1642-43, baptized February 15, 1645. 9. Ebenezer, sold land in Dorchester, 1675. 10. Martha, baptized August 20, 1648. 11. Mehitable, baptized February 18, 1650-1. 12. Ruth, married Roger Willis. 13. Rebecca, admittted to church September 11, 1664.
- (II) John (2), eldest child of John (I) and Frances Hill, was born about 1630, and was therefore an infant when he came with his parents to Massachusetts. In 1657, in company with others, he purchased a large tract of land in what is now the town of Sherborn, Massachusetts, where he died January 23, 1718. . . . . He married (first) about 1653, the baptismal name of his wife being Hannah, probably some relative of Abraham Martin, of Rehoboth, who bequeathed to her property by will. She died in November, 1690, and he married (second) about 1693, Elizabeth, widow of Benjamin Bullard, of Sherborn, who survived him nearly two years, dying December 1, 1719. Children: Samuel, mentioned below; Ebenezer, born about 1656; Abigail, February 2, 1658; John, March 14, 1660; Mary, October 28, 1662; Eleazer, Jun 29, 1664; Johnson, June 22, 1666; Hannah, about 1668; Sarah, about 1670.
- (III) Samuel, eldest chld of John (2) and Hannah Hill, was born about 1654, probably in Dorchester, and settled on a farm in Medfield, which later became a part of Medway. He was many years a deacon of the church, which position he filled at the time of his death, March 24, 1723. He married, November 4, 1679, Hannah, daughter of Benjamin and Mary Twitchell of Sherborn, born October 8, 1660. Children: Samuel, died young; Samuel, mentiioned below; Sarah, born March 7, 1684; Ephraim, November 5, 1688; Jonathan, November 6, 1691; Hannah, March 21, 1693; Mary, July 15, 1696; Dorothy, July 19, 1698; Lyida, May 8,, 1701; Rachel, December 12, 1703.
- (IV) Samuel (2), second son of Samuel (1) and Hannah (Twitchell) Hill, was born October 29, 1683, and was a farmer in Medway, where he died March 21, 1755. He married, March 29, 1706, Rachael, daughter of Deacon Peter and Experience (Cook) Adams, of Medway, born February 1, 1681, died March 13, 1758. Children: . . . .
- THE GENEALOGY OF EDWARD RIGGS OF ROXBURY, MASSACHUSETTS, REVISITED
- [as appears in The Genealogist 23(2009):131-73, with correction of the brief erratum reported in The Genealogis 24(2010);72.]
- .... etc.
- v. MARY RIGGS, bp. Nazeing 1 July 1632 as Mary "Rigge."34 She m. say 1650 BENJAMIN TWITCHELL, b. say 1625, d. Sherborn, Mass., 17 Dec. 1681,35 probably son of Joseph Twitchel/Tuchel, immigrant to Dorchester, Mass., in 1633.36 Mary Twitchell and her children were mentioned in her father Edward Rigg's will of 2 Sept. 1670. Children Elizabeth, Joseph, and Hannah come from the will, all underage except possibly Elizabeth who was not explicitly described as such. The will also mentions other ("the rest of") unnamed and underage children. Mary Twitchell, probably the widow, m2. Dedham or Medfield, Mass., 3 Feb. 1684/5 SAMUEL MILLS, a widower who had just lost his wife, Francis [Pi]mbrook, in Dedham.37 Then Mary d. there 30 Oct. 1694, shortly before Samuel.38
- Children of Benjamin and Mary2 (Riggs) Twitchell:39
- 1 Elizabeth Twitchell, b. say 1651, m. Medfield, Mass., [15?] Feb. 1668/9,40 William Allen/Allin, and had six children.41 She was the
- .... etc.
- grandchild Elizabeth Allen of the 1670 will of Edward1 Riggs. William was father to his sister-in-law Abiel's son, probably Benoni Twitchell.
- 2 Joseph Twitchell, eldest son,42 b. say 1653 (but after about 1649, since he was underage in 1670), and d. Sherborn, Mass., 24 Oct. 1710;43 m. before 29 April 1679 Lydia Goard,44 bp. Roxbury 27 February 1652/3,45 who d. a widow at Sherborn on 27 April 1725,46 and had seven children.47
- 3 Benjamin Twitchell, b. say 1656, d. Sherborn 29 Jun 1730;48 m. Medfield 5 April 1683, Mary White,49 and had five children.50 Benjamin appears in the first town records of Sherborn in 1675-1678/9,51 In 1679 Benjamin "Twitchel" signed with his mark the resolutions of the new town of "Shearborne," and three signatures later is that of Joseph "Twitchel." This and the fact that their Sherborn lands in 1683 were adjacent argues that they were brothers.52
- 4 Mary Twitchel, b. Dorchester, Mass., 8 March 1658/9,53 d. Medfield 15 Sept. ;54 m. there 9 May 1677, Josiah Rockett,55 eldest
- 41 ..... etc.
- son of Nicholas Rockett/Rockwood (and probably his wife Jone),56 and had six children.
- 5 Hannah Twitchell, b. Dorchester 8 Oct. 1660,58 consistent with her being underage in 1670; m. Medfield 4 Nov. 1679 Samuel Hill,59 and had 10 children.60
- 6 Abiel Twitchell, b. Medfield 1 Nov. 1663,61 d. Woodstock, Conn., 15 or 16 Apr. 1744.62 She had a child, probably Benoni ("son of my sorrows") Twitchel, b. just after Feb. 1681/2, out of wedlock with her brother-in-law William Allen.63 Abiel m. say 1690 Robert Corbett,64 d. Woodstock 18 Sept. 1695,65 and had two children.66 She m2. at Woodstock 10 July 1696 a neighbor, John Bugbee,67 b. about 1666, d. Woodstock 6 Oct. 1744,68 and had five children.69
- .... etc.
- 58 Dorchester Vital Records [supra note 53], 7, "Hannah Tuchel the Daughter of Benjamin Tuchel was Born the 8 (8) 1660."
- 59 .... etc.
- Her probable son, Benoni Twitchell m. Hannah Allen/Allin and had nine children.70
- 7 John Twitchell, b. say 1669,71 probably he who m. Derby 2 Jan. 1698/9 Sarah Pierson,72 d. there 14 Mar. 1738/9.73 John and Sarah had seven children.74
- 8 Bethiah Twitchell, b. say 1671,75 d. Medfield 1 Jan. 1706/7;76 m. there 19 July 1688 John Rockett,77 b. there 12 Feb. 1662/3,78 son of Nicholas and Margaret (Hollock/Holbrook) Rockett/Rockwood,79 half-brother of Josiah Rockett who m. Bethiah's sister Mary. Bethiah and John had eight children.80
- 2 Edward Riggs .... etc.
- New England marriages prior to 1700 By Clarence Almon Torrey, Elizabeth Petty Bentley
- Pg. 372
- HILL, Samuel3 (?1656-1723) & Hannah TWICHELL/TWITCHILL (ca 1661-1690); 4 Nov 1679; Medfield
Hannah Hill's Timeline
September 6, 1660
Suffolk County, Massachusetts
March 7, 1684
Medway, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, United States
November 5, 1688
November 6, 1691
March 21, 1693
Medway, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, United States
July 15, 1696
Medfield, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, United States