view all 17
About Henry de Cobham
- 'Sir Henry de Cobham1
- 'M, #244230, d. circa 1316
- Last Edited=9 Sep 2007
- ' Sir Henry de Cobham was the son of unknown de Cobham.1 He married Joan Penchester, daughter of Stephen Penchester.1 He died circa 1316.1
- ' He held the office of Warden of the Cinque Ports.1 He lived at Rundale, Kent, England.1
- 'Children of Sir Henry de Cobham and Joan Penchester
- 1.Sir Stephen de Cobham, 1st Lord Cobham (of Runham)+1 d. 1332
- 2.John de Cobham1 d. c 1314
- 1.[S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume III, page 351. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p24423.htm#i244230
- 'Sir Henry de Cobham
- 'M, #53239, d. 1316
- Father John de Cobham, Sheriff of Kent d. c 1252
- Mother Joan FitzBenedict
- ' Sir Henry de Cobham married Joan Penchester, daughter of Stephen de Penchester and Rohese de Baseville, circa 1272.1 Sir Henry de Cobham died in 1316 at of Cobham, Kent, England.1
- 'Family Joan Penchester b. c 1246, d. 1324
- 1.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, Family History Archives, SLC.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1771.htm#i53239
- Henry de Cobham, 1st Baron Cobham (of Kent) (c. 1260 – 25 August 1339) ....
- He was the son of John de Cobham of Cobham, Kent, and of Cowling or Cooling, Kent (died bef. 30 March 1300), Sheriff of Kent, Constable of Rochester and Chief Baron of the Exchequer, by wife Joan de Septvans, daughter of Sir Robert de Septvans.
- 'His father was a brother of Sir Henry de Cobham, of Rundale, Kent (died c. 1316), Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports, who married Joan Penchester (bef. 1269 - 1314/1315), daughter of Stephen Penchester, and had Stephen de Cobham, 1st Baron Cobham (of Rundale) and John de Cobham (died c. 1314), without issue. ....
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_de_Cobham,_1st_Baron_Cobham