Matching family tree profiles for Henry Scudder
About Henry Scudder
He was born around 1470 in Horton-Kirby in the Darenth Valley of Kent, and died there in 1504. He married a woman named Agnes in about 1490. Henry’s will was proved November 9, 1504. Agnes’ will was dated November 4, 1508.
In Agnes’ will, she mentions minor children THOMAS, ROBERT, JOAN and ISABELL. She also mentions Agnes the daughter of JOHN SCUDDER. John was of age in 1508.
ABT 1470 - ABT 1504
BIRTH: ABT 1470, Kent,England
DEATH: ABT 1504, Kent,England
BURIAL: Horton Kirby,Kent,England
Family 1 : Agnes
MARRIAGE: ABT 1490, Kent,England
Ancestry Complete: http://www.wuelzer.com/familytree/scudder/HenrySkudder_1470.html
The name Scudder is of both Dutch and English Origin. Scudder means one who fought with a bow and arrow, an archer; or one who constantly shook or trembled from disease.(Smith, Elsdon C. New Dictionary of American Names. New York: Gramercy Publishing Company, 1988.).
http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.scudder/268/mb.ashx Descendants of Henry (Skudder) Scudder 280pp
Generation No. 1
1. HENRY (SKUDDER)1 SCUDDER was born 1470 in Isle Of Man, Kent, England, and died 1504 in Horton Kirby, Kentshire, England. He married AGNES SCROPE? Abt. 1490 in Kent, England. She was born Abt. 1470 in Yorkshire, England.
More About AGNES SCROPE?: Baptism (LDS): SUBMIT Endowment (LDS): SUBMIT
- Children of HENRY SCUDDER and AGNES SCROPE? are:
- 2. i. THOMAS2 SCUDDER, b. 1490, Kent, England; d. 1533, WP, Horton Kirby, Kent, England.
- 3. ii. JOHN I SCUDDER, b. 1492, Stone, Kent, England; d. 1542, England.
- iii. ROBERT SCUDDER, b. 1496.
- iv. RICHARD SCUDDER, b. 1497, Kent, England; d. Aft. 1532.
- v. JAYNE SCUDDER, b. Abt. 1499; m. BAKER.
- vi. MARGERIE SCUDDER, b. 1500.
- 4. vii. ALICE"SKUTTER" SCUDDER, b. 1501.
- viii. JOANNA SCUDDER, b. 1502.
- ix. ELIZABETH SCUDDER, b. 1503, Kent, England.
Henry Scudder's Timeline
Isle of Man, Kent, England
Stone, Kent, England
Warborough, Lincoln, England