Matching family tree profiles for Sir Henry Strangeways
About Sir Henry Strangeways
- Henry STRANGEWAYS (Sir Knight)
- Died: 14 Sep 1544, Siege of Boulogne
- Father: Giles STRANGEWAYS (Sir Knight)
- Mother: Joan MORDAUNT
- Married: Margaret MANNERS 26 Nov 1526
- 1. Giles STRANGEWAYS (Sir Knight)
- 2. Henry STRANGEWAYS
- 3. Elizabeth STRANGEWAYS
- 4. Anne STRANGEWAYS
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/STRANGEWAYS.htm#Henry STRANGEWAYS (Sir Knight)
- George Manners, 11th Baron de Ros of Helmsley (c. 1470 – 27 October 1513) was an English peer. .... etc.
- George Manners and Anne St. Leger had five sons and six daughters:
- Thomas Manners, 1st Earl of Rutland, who married Eleanor Paston, credited with saying to Anne of Cleves, 'Madam there must be more to it than that, or it will be long before we have a Duke of York which all this realm much desireth'. Their son, Henry Manners, 2nd Earl of Rutland, married Margaret Neville, daughter of Ralph Neville, 4th Earl of Westmorland by Katherine Stafford.
- Oliver Manners.
- Anthony Manners.
- Sir Richard Manners.
- John Manners.
- Anne Manners, who married Sir Henry Capell.
- Eleanor Manners, who married John Bourchier, 2nd Earl of Bath.
- Elizabeth Manners, who married Thomas Sandys, 2nd Baron Sandys.
- Katherine Manners, who married Sir Robert Constable.
- Cecily Manners.
- Margaret Manners, who married firstly, Sir Henry Strangeways, and secondly, Robert Heneage.
- His monument, consisting of a grand chest tomb with sculpted effigies of himself and his wife, .... etc.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Manners,_11th_Baron_de_Ros
- Sir George Manners, 11th Lord Ros1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
- M, #33612, b. circa 1470, d. 27 October 1513
- Father Sir Robert Manners, Sheriff of Northumberland2,4,9 b. c 1447, d. 1495
- Mother Eleanor Roos2,4,9 b. 1449, d. 1487
- Sir George Manners, 11th Lord Ros was born circa 1470 at of East Compton, Surrey, Ethale, Northumberland, England; Of age in 1495.2,4,7 He married Anne St. Leger, daughter of Sir Thomas St. Leger, Sheriff of Surrey & Sussex and Anne Plantagenet, circa 1490; They had 5 sons (Sir Thomas, 1st Earl Rutland; Oliver; Anthony; Sir Richard; & John) and 6 daughters (Anne, wife of Sir Henry Capell; Eleanor, wife of Sir John Bourchier, 2nd Earl of Bath; Elizabeth, wife of Thomas, 2nd Lord Sandys; Katherine, wife of Sir Robert Constable; Cecily; & Margaret, wife of Sir Henry Strangeways, & of Robert Heneage).2,10,3,4,5,6,7,8 Sir George Manners, 11th Lord Ros died on 27 October 1513 at Holywell, Shoreditch, Middlesex, England; Buried at St. George's Chapel, Windsor, Berkshire. He may have died in France.2,4,7 His estate was probated in December 1513.4,7
- Family Anne St. Leger b. c 1476, d. 21 Apr 1526
- Sir Thomas Manners, 1st Earl of Rutland, Lord Ros+ b. b 1492, d. 20 Sep 1543
- Eleanor Manners+2 b. c 1500, d. b 16 Sep 1547
- Katherine Manners+11,12,3,4,6,7 b. c 1511
- 1.[S10443] Unknown author, The Complete Peerage, by Cokayne, Vol. XI, p. 107-108, notes; Plantagenet Ancestry of 17th Century Colonists, by David Faris, p. 257.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 489.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 529.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 125.
- 5.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 407.
- 6.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 286.
- 7.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 24.
- 8.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. V, p. 455.
- 9.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 23-24.
- 10.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 795-796.
- 11.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 226.
- 12.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 489-490.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1119.htm#i33612
- MEWES (MEUX), William (c.1530-89), of Kingston, I.o.W.
- b. c.1530, 1st s. of Richard Mewes of Kingston by Dorothy, da. of Thomas Cooke of Fordingbridge, Hants. m. Elinor, da. of Sir Henry Strangeways, 1s. 2da. suc. fa. bef. 1568, uncle 1568.
- From: http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1558-1603/member/mewes-%28meux%29-william-1530-89
Henry Strangways (d.1544), who died vivente patre, killed at the Siege of Boulogne in 1544.
He had 3 Children:
- Sir Giles II Strangways
- Eleanor Strangways
- Elizabeth Strangways
Sir Henry Strangeways's Timeline
Dorset, , England
September 14, 1544