|Also Known As:||"Destrode", "de Strode of Chalmington", "Stroad"|
|Birthplace:||Chalmington, Catstock, Dorset, England|
|Death:||Died in Beminster, Dorset, England|
|Managed by:||Ofir Friedman|
Matching family tree profiles for Henry Strode
About Henry Strode
- Henry Strode1
- M, #112889, b. circa 1355
- Father Hugh Strode1 b. c 1310
- Mother Beatrice de Bytton1 b. c 1325
- Henry Strode was born circa 1355 at of Chalmington, Catstock, Dorsetshire, England.1 He married Elizabeth Brent, daughter of Sir John Brent and Joan le Eyre, circa 1394.1
- Family Elizabeth Brent b. c 1375
- Richard Strode+1 b. c 1395
- [S13] Worldroots.com.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p3759.htm#i112889
"Henry de Strode, esquire (R), son and heir of Hugh de Strode, knight (P), and Matilda de Bauprea Strode, married Elizabeth, daughter and heir of John and Joan Brent. Their son and heir was Richard de Strode, esquire, of Parnham, and was the great-great-grandson of Hugh and Beatrice Fitchett. He and his descendants bore Arms (Gules, a wyvern argent).
"By deed during the reign of Richard II (1377-1399), Hugh de Strode (P), then of Hewstock, granted to Henry (R), his son and heir, his lands, etc. ... in Hewstock, Dibberworth, Causey, Hurst at le Dorn in Broadwindsor, Lidlinch, Stapleford, and Le Crenelle, County Dorset, with their rents, services, wards and marriages, reserving two chambers with the cellars under them, and with half the loft of the pigeon house there, and all his lands in County Wilts, with rents, etc. ... paying twenty marks per annum.