Historical records matching Hermione "Hermie" Elizabeth Yoakum
About Hermione "Hermie" Elizabeth Yoakum
Hermione Foss Yoakum died a couple of weeks after the premature birth of her child. Henry Clay Yoakum, her husband, died shortly thereafter, reportedly of a broken heart. The seven children were raised by his brother Daniel Yoakum and his father Hughy, and also some were sent to relatives in California.
"Hermie (Foss) Yoakum was directly related to Joseph Jacob Foss, a WWII fighter ace who went on to become governor of South Dakota for two terms. The state building in Sioux Falls is named after him" (2)
- Marvin Albert Yoakum (1891 – 1982)
- Nancy C (Nannie) (Estella) Yoakum (1893 – 1974)
- Viola M Yoakum (1894 – 1980)
- Clara Louise Yoakum (1896 – 2002)
- Warren Jewell Yoakum (1897 – 1995)
- Leroy Yoakum (1900 – 1996)
- Geraldine A Yoakum (1903 – 1999)
- Viola's father helped set up, or co-owned the Zimm's Hot Springs in Adams, Idaho, with his son in law Henry Clay Yoakum. There's a picture (the original) at the hot springs.
- Foss is often a Norwegian name - Joe Foss the Fighter Pilot was the son of a Norwegian immigrant (?). However this Foss line is tracing to New Hampshire and English ancestry as of Oct 2012.
Hermione "Hermie" Elizabeth Yoakum's Timeline
July 13, 1872
Minnesota City, Winona, Minnesota, United States
March 26, 1894
Meadows, ID, USA
November 9, 1906
New Meadows, Adams, Idaho, United States
Adams, Idaho, United States