Edward Courtney Leslie (Haworth)
|Birthplace:||St. Thomas RD (Exeter), Devon, England UK|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Hon Edward Courtney Haworth Leslie
Births Sep 1840
- Haworth Edward Courtenay St Thomas 10 203 (Devon)
C2. Edward Courtenay Leslie, Hon., * 1840, + 1911, Md. 1890, Caroline Edith Biddulph, + 1948, d. of Thomas Tregenna Biddulph of Shoalhaven, NSW, Australia.
- D1. Edward Biddulph Leslie, * 1895, +.
- D2. Martin Tregenna Leslie, * 1896, +, Md.1) 1928, Mettie Margaret Harper, + 1943, d. of William Harper of Napier, N.Z.
- E1. Mary Haworth Leslie, * 1936.
Md.2) 1945, Joyce Enid Gardner, d. of Rev. Alfred James Gardner of Catswood, NSW, Australia.
- D3. Norman Evelyn Leslie, * 1898, +, Md. 1944, Helen Thomson Robertson, d. of James Thomson Robertson of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
- D4. Mary Henrietta Leslie, * 1892, + 1914.
- D5. Alice Veronica Leslie, * 1901, + 1928.
The Hon, Edward Courtenay Haworth Leslie who died the other day at Kilayth, The Boulevard, Strathfield, Sydney, at the age of 70, had a very romantic history. He was tbe second Son of the late Countess of Rothes (in her own right), and the present holder of the title of Earl of Rothes is his nephew, The Hon. Leslie knew the Tichborne claimant and also the real Roger, and was a witness in the celebrated case. He knew many other notable people, and it is understpod that he has left a book in manuscript with his adventures. Mrs Leslie, who survives him with a son and two daughters, is a daughter of the late T. T. Biddulph, of Burrier, and sister of Mrs Hugh McKenzie Tewara House.
The Shoalhaven News and South Coast Districts Advertiser (NSW : 1891 - 1937) Saturday 11 February 1911