Matching family tree profiles for Honorable John Williamson Page
About Honorable John Williamson Page
Birth: Feb. 20, 1724 Rosewell Gloucester County Virginia, USA Death: Oct., 1774 Mansfield Hall Spotsylvania County Virginia, USA
John Page died "On Saturday morning last" at Mansfield near Fredericksburg, Virginia at the home of Mann Page. [Source: Virginia Gazette, Pickney. October 6, 1774. p. 3 col. 2]
According to Governor Page's letter, extracts from which may be seen in Bishop Meade, op. at., Vol. I., p. 147, note, he was educated a lawyer, and was a member of the Colonial Council, in place of his elder brother, Mann Page, of Rosewell. In this capacity we find the name of Hon. John Page, of North End, in the Virginia Almanac for 1776. He was, therefore, among the last of the Colonial Councillors. (Genealogy of the Page family in Virginia: By Richard Channing Moore Page).
Hon. John Page and Jane Byrd, his wife, married in 1746, had fifteen children in all, four of whom died infants, their names being unknown. The eleven that survived were as follows:
- Mann Page (1747 - 1779), eldest, born at North End, Gloucester (now Matthews) Co., VA., about 1747; removed to Fairfield. Clarke Co.. VA. He married, about 1767, Mary Mason Selden, of Salvington. Stafford Co., VA.
- John Page, born at North End, Gloucester (now Matthews) Co., VA about 1749; removed to Caroline County, VA. He married, in 1764, Elizabeth (called Betty) Burwell.
- Jane Page, born about 1751; married, about 1770, Dr. Nathaniel Nelson, second son and child of President William Nelson, of Yorktown, VA.
- Dr. William Page, born at North End, about 1753; removed to Richmond, VA. He married, about 1778, Miss Jones.
- Judith Page, born about 1755, married, about 1775, Col. Hugh Nelson, third son and child of President William Nelson, of Yorktown, VA.
- Carter Page, born at North End, 1758; removed to Willis" Fork, Cumberland Co., VA. He married, first, in 1783, Mary Cary, and secondly, in 1799, Lucy, eighth child and third daughter of Gov. Thomas Nelson, of Yorktown, VA.
- Robert Page, born in 1764; removed to Janeville, Clarke Co., VA. He married, in 1788. Sarah Page, of Broadneck, Hanover Co., VA. As four other children had died as infants (names unknown) when Robert was born he was really the eleventh child, although the seventh survivor.
- Maria (called Molly) Page, born about 1765; married, first, John Byrd ; secondly, Archie Boiling; and thirdly, Peter Randolph ; by none of whom had she any issue.
- Matthew Page, born about 1767; died unmarried.
- Thomas Page, born about 1773; married, about 1798, Mildred, daughter of Edmund Pendleton, father of Edmund Pendleton, who married Jane B. Page, daughter of the above-named John Page (No. 2) and Elizabeth Burwell, his wife. Of the children of Thomas Page and Mildred Pendleton, his wife, Mildred Page married Palmer. There were also Thomas, Henry, and Robert, of whom nothing at present is known.
- Lucy Page, youngest, born about 1775; married, about 1792. Francis Nelson, of Mont Air, Hanover Co., VA., fourth son and child of Gov. Thomas Nelson, of Yorktown, VA.
Find A Grave Memorial # 51309356.
Honorable John Williamson Page's Timeline
February 20, 1720
Rosewell, Gloucester County, Virginia, Colonial America
Gloucester, VA, USA
April 17, 1744
Gloucester Co., VA
Gloucester County, Virginia, Colonial America
February 4, 1765
Mathews, Virginia, United States