Hugh Pakenham, Sir
|Also Known As:||"Hugh Packenham", "Hugh Pagenham"|
|Birthplace:||Kirby Mallory, Leicestershire, , England|
|Death:||Died in England|
Son of John Pakenham and Margaret Pakenham (Bramshot)
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Hugh Pakenham, Sir
About Hugh Pakenham, Sir
Note: Birth date unknown- found it recorded as 1440, 1455, 1480, and c.1470 (?) Needs research.
Parents: John Pakenham, Margaret Pakenham (born Bremshot or Bramshot)
Siblings: Sir Edmund Pakenham, Constance Pakenham
Wife: Lady Anne Pakenham (born Clement)
Children: Anne Pakenham, Nicholas Pakenham, John Pakenham, Elizabeth Pakenham, Robert Pakenham
- Hugh Pakenham1
- M, #349889
- Last Edited=5 Jan 2011
- Hugh Pakenham is the son of John Pakenham and Margaret Bramshott.2 He married Anne Clement, daughter of unknown Clement.2
- He was Lord of the Manors of Ightam Moat and Stretton-on-Fosse.2
- Children of Hugh Pakenham and Anne Clement
- 1.Anne Pakenham+1
- 2.Robert Pakenham+2 d. 1552
- 3.Elizabeth Pakenham2
- 1.[S37] Volume 1, page 1077. See link for full details for this source. Hereinafter cited as. [S37]
- 2.[S37] See. [S37]
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p34989.htm#i349889
- Sir Hugh Pakenham1
- M, #52655
- Father Sir John Pakenham2 d. 1 Oct 1485
- Mother Margaret Bramshot2 b. c 1450, d. 1 Oct 1485
- Sir Hugh Pakenham married Anne Clement, daughter of Sir William Clement.1
- Family Anne Clement
- Anne Pakenham+1 d. 22 Oct 1544
- 1.[S11572] The Lineage and Ancestry of H.R.H. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, by Gerald Paget, Vol. II, p. 247.
- 2.[S11572] The Lineage and Ancestry of H.R.H. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, by Gerald Paget, Vol. II, p. 401.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1752.htm#i52655
- Thomas FITZWILLIAM of Aldwark
- Born: ABT 1474, Aldwark, Yorkshire, England
- Died: 9 Sep 1513, Flodden Field, Kirknewton, Northumberland, England
- Notes: killed at the battle of Flodden.
- Father: Thomas FITZWILLIAM of Aldwark (Sir)
- Mother: Lucy NEVILLE
- Married: Anne PACKENHAM (d. 22 Oct 1554) (dau. of Sir Hugh Packenham and Anne Clement) (m.2 Sir William Sidney)
- 1. Alice FITZWILLIAM
- 2. Margaret FITZWILLIAM
- 3. William FITZWILLIAM (b. 1510 - d. AFT 17 Jan 1515)
- 4. John FITZWILLIAM (b. ABT 1512 - AFT 28 Aug 1513)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/FITZWILLIAM.htm#Thomas FITZWILLIAM of Aldwark1
- William SIDNEY (Sir Knight)
- Born: 1482
- Died: 1554
- Buried: Penshurst village church, Kent England
- Notes: courtier to Henry VIII, knighted 1513 after Flodden, tutor (and later steward) to Edward VI, his wife was governess to the young Prince. In 1552 Edward VI granted him Penshurst Place, Kent, built 1338 by Sir John de Pulteney, Baron's Hall completed 1341, last owner before Sidney was Edward Stafford, D. Buckingham, Penshurst was forfeit to the crown when Buckingham was executed for treason 1521, Henry VIII used stay at Penshurst while courting Anne Boleyn at nearby Hever Castle. The arrow, the Sidney family emblem comes from
W' for William, did not live to enjoy Penshurst himself. His daughters Mabel and Elizabeth were in Princess Mary’s household.
- Father: Nicholas SIDNEY
- Mother: Anne BRANDON
- Married: Anne PACKENHAM (d. 22 Oct 1554) (dau. of Sir Hugh Packenham and Anne Clement) (w. of Thomas Fitzwilliam)
- 1. Mary SIDNEY
- 2. Lucy SIDNEY
- 3. Mabel SIDNEY
- 4. Anne (Agnes) SIDNEY
- 5. Henry SIDNEY (Sir Knight)
- 6. Elizabeth SIDNEY
- 7. Frances SIDNEY (C. Sussex)
- ¿8. Dorcas SIDNEY?
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/SIDNEY.htm#William SIDNEY (Sir Knight)1
- Sir William Sidney (1482?–1554) was an English courtier under Henry VIII and Edward VI.
- He was eldest son of Nicholas Sidney, by Anne, sister of Sir William Brandon. In 1511 he accompanied Thomas Darcy, 1st Baron Darcy de Darcy into Spain as a volunteer against the Moors, and when Darcy, finding his assistance not required, returned almost immediately to England, Sidney and several of his companions remained behind in order to see Madrid. He was hospitably entertained by King Ferdinand, but declined the honour of knighthood .... etc.
- Sidney married Anne Pakenham, daughter of Sir Hugh Pakenham, (widow of Thomas Fitzwilliam, elder brother of William FitzWilliam, 1st Earl of Southampton). Henry Sidney was their son. In the chancel Penshurst parish church, is the tomb of Sidney with a memorial tablet, on the sides of which are engraven the escutcheons of his four daughters and their husbands:
- Mary (d. 10 February 1542), eldest daughter, who married Sir William Dormer of Wing, Buckinghamshire,[a]
- Lucy, who married Sir James Harington of Exton Hall, Rutland;
- Anne, who married Sir William Fitzwilliam of Milton, Northamptonshire, some time lord deputy of Ireland.
- Frances, who married of Thomas Radcliffe, 3rd Earl of Sussex.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_William_Sidney
- SIDNEY, Henry (1529-86), of London and Penshurst, Kent.
- b. 20 July 1529, 1st s. of Sir William Sidney of Penshurst by Anne, da. of Sir Hugh Pagenham, wid. of Thomas Fitzwilliam. m. 29 Mar. 1551, Mary, da. of John Dudley, Earl of Warwick, later Duke of Northumberland, 3s. inc. Philip† and Robert† 4da. Kntd. 1551, KG nom. 23 Apr., inst. 14 May 1564; suc. fa. 1553.1
- From: http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1509-1558/member/sidney-henry-1529-86