Humphrey Cunningham (Conyngham), Sir; 8th Laird of Glengarnock
|Also Known As:||"Humphrey Cunynghame", "Humphrey Cuninghame", "Cuninghame"|
|Death:||(Date and location unknown)|
|Managed by:||Alisdair James Smyth|
About Sir Humphrey Cunningham, of Glengarnock
- Humphrey Cunningham1
- M, #65021, b. circa 1346
- Father Andrew Cunningham1 b. c 1325
- Mother Margaret1 b. c 1323
- Humphrey Cunningham married Jean Buchanan, daughter of Sir Walter Buchanan, 11th Laird Buchanan and Margaret Buchanan.2 Humphrey Cunningham was born circa 1346 at of Glengarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland.1
- Family Jean Buchanan b. c 1366
- Agnes Cunningham+2 b. c 1365
- Humphrey Cunningham+1 b. c 1385
- 1.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, Family History Archives, SLC.
- 2.[S11649] Clan MacFarlane & Associated Clans Genealogy.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2164.htm#i65021
- ((1)) Maurice Buchanan, 10th of Buchanan (a 1320)
- m. (Margaret ?) Mentieith (dau of William Menteith of Rusky)
- ((A)) Walter Buchanan, 11th Buchanan (a 1373)
- BLG1952 and 'Strathendrick' disagree on a number of items over the next few generations. for example: BLG reports that the John Buchanan who married Janet de Lany was the eldest son of Walter, 11th laird, and was himself 12th laird. We follow 'Strathendrick'.
- m. Margaret
- ((i)) .... etc.
- ((v)) Jean Buchanan
- m. Humphrey Cuninghame of Glengarnock
- Main sources:
- (1) "Strathendrick and its Inhabitants from Early Times" by John Guthrie Smith, published in Glasgow in 1896
- (2) BLG1952 (Murray-Buchanan of Leny).
- From: Stirnet.com