Ifor "Hael" ap Llewelyn
|Also Known As:||"Hael", "Ifor "Hael" Llywelyn"|
Son of Lord Llywelyn Ap Ifor and Angharad verch Morgan
|Managed by:||Nathan De Graw|
Matching family tree profiles for Ifor "Hael" ap Llewelyn
About Ifor "Hael" ap Llewelyn
- Ifor "Hael" Ap LLYWELYN
- Born: ABT 1332, Gwern-y-depa, Basaleg, Monmouthshire, England
- Father: Llywelyn Ap IFOR
- Mother: Angharad Verch MORGAN
- Married: Nest Verch RHUN (b. ABT 1338) (dau. of Rhun Ap Growny, B. Cibwr, and Joan Verch Aron)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/MORGAN.htm#Ifor "Hael" Ap LLYWELYN1
- Ivor ap Llewellyn1
- M, #471581
- Last Edited=10 Jun 2011
- Ivor ap Llewellyn is the son of Llewellyn ap Ivor and Angharad Meredyth.1
- He lived at Werncelppa, Wales.1
- 1.[S21] L. G. Pine, The New Extinct Peerage 1884-1971: Containing Extinct, Abeyant, Dormant and Suspended Peerages With Genealogies and Arms (London, U.K.: Heraldry Today, 1972), page 271. Hereinafter cited as The New Extinct Peerage.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p47159.htm#i471581
- A genealogical and heraldic dictionary of the peerage and baronetage of the British Empire (1869)
- LLEWELLYN AP IVOR, lineally descended from Cadivor Vawr, Lord of Kilsaint, m. Angharad, dau. and co-heir fo Sir Morgan Meredith, Lord of Tredegar (descended from Rhys, Prince of South Wales), and thus acquired the Tredegar estates. Llewellin was father of three sons, viz,
- MORGAN, his heir.
- Ivor, of Werncleppa, or Gwerney Cleppa, near Tredegar, ancestor of the MORGANS of Werncleppa, whose last male heir, Roger Morgan, Esq., d. in 1632, when his estate passed to the Tredegar family.
- Philip, whose son, DAVID AP PHILIP AP LLEWELLIN, seated at St. Pierrer, in the county of Monmouth, was ancestor of the family of LEWIS of St. Pierre. (See BURKE'S Landed Gentry.)
- The eldest son,
- MORGAN AP LLEWELLIN, Lord of St. Clere, in Carmarthenshire, and of Tredegar, co. Monmouth, m. Maud, dau. of Rhys ap Gronwy, Lord of Kybor, and had two sons, ....
- A history of the family of Morgan, from the year 1089 to present times ([1902?])
- VIII. LLEWELYN ap IVOR of Tredegar, Lord of St Clear, married Angharad, daughter of Sir Morgan ap Meredith, from the Welsh Lords of Caerleon, ap Griffith ap Meredith ap Rhys, who bore "Argent a lion rampant sable." Sir Morgan died 1332, when Angharad was aged 32. They had : 1. Morgan. 2. Ivor Hael, whence MORGAN OF GWERN-Y-CLEPPA. 3. Philip, whence LEWIS OF ST. PIERRE.
- IX. MORGAN of Tredegar and St. Clear, married Maud, daugter of Rhun ap Grono ap Llwarch, Lord of Cibwr. He died before 1384. Issue: 1. Llewelyn. 2. Philip, whence MORGAN OF LANGSTONE. 3. John, father of Gwenllian, married David Goch ap David, 4. Christian, married Jevan ap Jenkin Kemeys. 5. Ann, married David Gwilim David of Rhiwperra. 6. Margaret, married Traherne ap Meyric of Merthyr. 7. A daughter, married Thomas ap Gwillim of Carnllwyd. 8. Elenor, married Grono ap Howel Bennet.
- The History of Monmouthshire By David Williams
- THOMAS MORGAN of Maughan, Efq.
- Kydivor Vawr, Lord of Blain Cych, paternally defcended from Bely the great, King of Britain, married Elen, daughter and heri to Llewellin Vawr.
- Bledry ap Kydivor Vawr, Lord of Kylfant = Clidwen, daughter and heirefs to Griffith Cedreth, Lord of Gwnfay.
- Ivor ap Bledry, Lord of Kylfant, Efq. = Tangluft, daughter and heirefs to Howel Sais, Lord of St. Clere-y-mvch, Efq.
- Llewellin ap Ivor, Lord of St. Clere, Efq. = Lleykye, daughter to Griffith ap Eli, Lord of Gilfield in Powis.
- Ivor ap Llewellin, Lord of St. Clere, Efq. = Neft, daughter to Cadwgan, and great grandchild to Eliftan, Prince of Ferlix.
- Llewellin ap Ivor, Lord of St. Clere = Angharand, daughter and heirefs to Sir Morgan Meredith, Knight, Lord of Tredegar.
- Morgan ap Llewellin, Lord of Tredegar, Efq. = Maud, daughter to Rhun ap Grono ap Llwarch, Lord of Kybor, Efq.
- Llewellin Morgan of Tredegar, Efq. = Jonet, daughter to Dd Yehan of Rydoclyn, Efq.
- Evan Morgan of Tredegar, Efq. = Denis, daughter to Thomas ap Howell Yehan, Efq.
- Sir John Morgan of Tredegar, Knight = Jonet, daughter and heirefs of John Matthewes of Llandaff, Efq.
- Thomas Morgan of Machen, Efq. his brother, Sir John, Dying fans iffue.
- Rowland Morgan of Maughan and Tredegar, Efq. = Elizabeth, fifter to Sir Roger Bodingham of Potheras, Com. Hereford.
- Sir William Morgan of Tredegar, Knight = Daughter to Wintour, Knight, Com. Glocefter.
- Thomas Morgan Maughan and Tredegar, Efq. now living, 1661.
- William Morgan, Efq. heir-apparent.
- The eldeft fon of Llewelyn ab Ifor, was Morgan ab Llewelyn of Tredegyr, in the parifh of Maefaleg; and his fecond fon was Ifor Hael, or the Generous Lord of Maefaleg, the Wenallt and Gwern-y-Cleppa. Their mother was Angharad the daughter of Sir Morgan ab Meredydd, ab Greffydd, av Meredydd Gethin, the fon of Rhys ab Tewdwr, Prince of South-Wales. Ifor Hael died without heirs, and his eftate came to his nephew Llewelyn, the fon of Morgan ab Llewelyn, and from him, in a direct line, are defcended the worthy family of Morgans of Tredegyr; the the ancient inheritance is ftill entire in their poffeffion; and if any merit, ....
From Maestraleg, Wales.
Ifor "Hael" ap Llewelyn's Timeline
Gwernyclepa Basaleg, , Monmouthshire, England
April 27, 1946
April 27, 1946
May 27, 1946
May 27, 1946