Matching family tree profiles for Isaac Newton, RS
About Isaac Newton, RS
The Newton's of Sampson/Duplin Counties married into many of the families who moved South into Georgia and Florida.
From the best information I could find on the Newton's it appears that there were four brothers who came to North Carolina and settled in New Hanover Co. but fell into what is now Sampson Co. on its formation. They first showed up about 1749/50.
The brothers names were:
1. George Newton
2. Samuel Newton
3. Jacob Newton
4. Isaac Newton
George Newton born 1742 was one of four brothers who came to North Carolina. He was a Revolutionary Soldier.
George married Nancy Moore who was born 1746 in Duplin Co. and died 1830 probably in GA.
When did George die and where?
Children of George and Nancy Moore Newton
Correction on dates appreciated!
1. Samuel Newton born 14 October, 1764 NC. married Nancy Ann Brock, born 4 December, 1770, daughter of Barnett and Mary Ann Brock
2. George Newton, born 1766 NC. married Mary Robinson, born 1772 NC. George went to Screvens Co. GA.
3. James Newton, born 1768 NC. married Susan Pigford, born 1772
4. Isaac Newton, born 1770 NC. married Elizabeth Alderman, daughter of John and Abigail Alderman
5. Nancy Ann Newton married DanielAlderman.
6. Reuben Newton, born about 1774 NC.
7. Susan Newton, born 1776 NC. married Thomas Alderman.
8. Rachel Newton, born 1778 NC., married Jacob Strahan and lived in Scriven County Georgia. Rachel was the first to be buried in the old Newton cemetery. Her grave was marked with a wooden marker.
9. Kate Newton born about 1780 NC.
Isaac Newton born about 1737 married Jemima Chambers and were members of Bull Tail Baptist Church in Duplin Co.
Isaac died the later part of 1798 as his will was in the January term of Court, 1799. He list his children as:
a. Enoch Newton
b. Isaac Newton
c. Esher Newton
d. Ann Newton
e. Sarah Newton Alderman
f. Phoebe Newton Herring
g. Mary Newton Williams. Married Aaron Williams first then DanielAlderman.
h. Elizabeth Newton Boney
i. Dorcas Newton Morgan
j. Miriam Newton James
i. Jemimia Newton Wilson
David Goff "Newton"
One Civil Goff, daughter of Thomas and Tomsin Mathis Goff was in Bastardy Court in the January 1809 term for having an illigimate child. The following was from Duplin Co. Court Minutes.
Civil Goff came before the court and prayed to be allowed from out of the estate of Jacob Newton, deceased, the sum of 5 lbs. for lying in expenses on having a bastard child which upon oath she charges Jacob Newton with being the father. This child is thought to be David Goff born 1796 Duplin Co.
This Jacob Newton could be "the" brother or a younger Jacob Newton. However, I have not found a young Jacob.
(from Newton Brothers of North Carolina: http://mallen4896.tripod.com/Newton.html)
9. ISAAC7 NEWTON, SR. (??6, ISAAC5, ROBERT4, ROBERT3, JOHN2, JOHN1) was born in Lincolnshire, England, and
died 1798 in Duplin County, NC. He married JEMINA CHAMBERS.
More About ISAAC NEWTON, SR.:
Emigration: Newton, MA; abt 1755 Sampson Co., NC
Children of ISAAC NEWTON and JEMINA CHAMBERS are:
i. DORCAS8 NEWTON, m. REUBEN MORGAN.
ii. PHOEBE NEWTON, m. WILLIAM HERRING.
iii. ELIZABETH NEWTON, m. HUGH RONEY.
iv. MARY NEWTON, m. (1) AARON WILLIAMS; m. (2) DANIEL ALDERMAN.
Isaac Newton[1, 2, 3, 4]
1737 - 1799
Birth Abt 1737 Westborough, Worcester County, Massachusetts 
Died Aft 1798 Duplin County, North Carolina
Person ID I10556 Strong Family Tree
Last Modified 31 Jul 2009
Father Abraham Newton, b. 25 Jun 1715, Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts , d. Yes, date unknown
Mother Sarah Graves, b. Abt 1715, d. Abt Dec 1773
Married 5 Nov 1735 Belmont, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
Family ID F4642 Group Sheet
Family Jemima Chambers, b. Bef 1737, d. Aft 1798
1. Sarah Newton, b. 20 Oct 1757, d. Yes, date unknown
2. Phoebe Newton, b. Between 1757 and 1778, d. Yes, date unknown
3. Mary Newton, b. Between 1757 and 1778, d. Yes, date unknown
4. Jemima Newton, b. Between 1757 and 1778, d. Bef 1798
5. Miriam Newton, b. Bef 1762, d. Bef 1798
6. Elizabeth Newton, b. Bef 1763, d. Yes, date unknown
7. Dorcus Newton, b. Bef 1773, Wilmington District, Duplin County, North Carolina , d. 3 May 1824, Duplin County, North Carolina
8. Isaac Newton, b. Bef 1777, d. Yes, date unknown
9. Esther Newton, b. 11 Oct 1779, d. 17 Sep 1854
10. Nancy Ann Newton, b. 2 Mar 1782, North Carolina , d. 31 Mar 1857
11. Enoch Newton, b. Abt 1785, d. Yes, date unknown
390. NEWTON, ISAAC (CR.035.801.9/a-358) 19 Nov 1798-Jan Term 1799 sons ENOCH & ISAAC all my Lands Devided as followeth Beginning at the run of the Swamp he now lives on Crossing through the part of the plantation call'd the long field to the Back line All below this line to be ENOCH's and all above to be ISAAC's; son ISAAC Negroe Grace and her first child that shal live to be one Month to ENOCH, the second child that shall live to be one Month old to my dau. ESHER And her third Child that shall live to be one Month old to my dau. ANN; dau. ESTHER one feather Bed and firneture; son ENOCH one Mare Colt; all the hogs and Sheep to be equally divided between ENOCH and ISAAC, ENOCH to have one third of my stock of Cattle and ISAAC have the other two thirds of the Cattle and the mare and young horse; all my household furniture Equally devided among my four youngest children [not named]; plantation tools Equally devided between my sons ENOCH and ISAAC; And as for those of My Children that have married I leave to them the following sums and no more Except my Blessing SARAH ALDERMAN Five Shillings, PHEBE HERRING (sic) five shillings, MARY WILLIAMS five shillings, ELIZABETH BONEY five shillings, DORCAS MORGAN five shillings, the heirs of my two daus. Deceased MIRIAM JAMES and JEMIMA WILSON five Shillings each; wife JEMIMA my house plantation and all the above mentioned Estate during her widowhood. extrs: Aaron WILLIAMS, Enoch NEWTON wit: David ALDERMAN, Daniel ALDERMAN, Thomas (his mark) LANEAR Signed: Isaac (his mark) NEWTON
Isaac Newton, RS's Timeline
Westboro, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
October 20, 1757
Salem, Salem County, New Jersey, United States
October 11, 1779
May 2, 1780
March 2, 1782
January 21, 1783
Duplin, North Carolina, United States